ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Financial Requirement Calculation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

UK Spouse Visa- Shift Allowance

Post by HpyEvrAft » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:02 pm

Hello All,

I wanted to confirm my understanding for the Financial requirement.

I plan to apply for the Spouse Visa with my wife as my sponsor. We meet the financial requirement under Category A.
We fall short of the 18,600 mark if I consider the gross salary as per her contract, however my wife also gets shift allowance every month which is added to her monthly gross in her payslip which helps us cross the 18600 mark. However some months shift allowance has been paid in arrears.

My question is:
1) Should I write a supporting letter showing the correct gross per month as in the first of the 6 months, her shift allowance was paid in the following month.
2) My wife also pays for workplace pension starting from the 4th month which reduces the gross pay. Should this be deducted from the month or ignored?
3) We also have savings just in case only the gross as per the contract is considered. How do I show/ mention this?

Thank you for your help.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UK Spouse Visa- Shift Allowance

Post by Archer1 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:18 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:02 pm
Hello All,

I wanted to confirm my understanding for the Financial requirement.

I plan to apply for the Spouse Visa with my wife as my sponsor. We meet the financial requirement under Category A.
We fall short of the 18,600 mark if I consider the gross salary as per her contract, however my wife also gets shift allowance every month which is added to her monthly gross in her payslip which helps us cross the 18600 mark. However some months shift allowance has been paid in arrears.

My question is:
1) Should I write a supporting letter showing the correct gross per month as in the first of the 6 months, her shift allowance was paid in the following month.
(Get this all stated in your employment letter please.)
2) My wife also pays for workplace pension starting from the 4th month which reduces the gross pay. Should this be deducted from the month or ignored?
(Gross pay is before all deductions)
3) We also have savings just in case only the gross as per the contract is considered. How do I show/ mention this?
(You can mention this in a cover letter or in the question, any other source or income)
So, you and your wife showing your combined income is it?

Thank you for your help.
__A

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:45 am

Dear Archer,
Thank you for the advise. Below I have highlighted my response to your comments:

(Get this all stated in your employment letter please.)
>> Thank you
(Gross pay is before all deductions)
>> Yes. But, in her salary slip it shows sum of gross & shift allowance, minus pension. Below these amount it shows the gross. I have shared a picture below.
(You can mention this in a cover letter or in the question, any other source or income) >>ok

So, you and your wife showing your combined income is it?
4) Just my wife works in the UK. I work in Turkey. Don't think we can show combined income. We have accumulated savings over 15 years from my job. Do I need to show bank statement for 15 years or 6 months with a declaration is enough?

Below is a screenshot of her payslip.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Accommodation requirement of Spouse Visa

Post by HpyEvrAft » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:00 am

Hello,

I read that a HMO licence is required for 3 or more people not related to each other who live in the same property.

My wife stays with 1 other person in a 2 bedroom/ shared Spam+living+bathroom apartment.
Does that apartment also need a HMO certificate for a Spouse Visa application?

For the Spouse Visa, my wife will submit her rent agreement, no objection letter from the landlord, letter from her roommate, council tax and gas bill. Anything I missed?

When I joint, we will be 3 people in the apartment.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:17 am

Also another question- If the Employment Letter states that the payslips being submitted are genuine, do they have to be signed/ stamped. The payslips have the company name on the top and stating that they are downloaded from the Employee Self-Service Portal.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:51 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:17 am
Also another question- If the Employment Letter states that the payslips being submitted are genuine, do they have to be signed/ stamped. The payslips have the company name on the top and stating that they are downloaded from the Employee Self-Service Portal.
Payslips don't need to be stamped. It probably would correlate with your bank statements!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Highlight transaction on a Credit Card Statement

Post by HpyEvrAft » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:38 pm

Hello,
I will be applying for a Spouse Visa soon. We know each other for 6 year and married for 3 years now. Can someone please clarify the following:
1) For our engagement in 2018, I purchased rings but have misplaced the bill. The merchant cannot give me a duplicate bill. I see the transaction on my credit card statement. How do I show this in my application? Can I simply mention it in my cover letter or show it in our pictures for our engagement?
2) Can I simply submit the online statement or does it need to be signed by the bank or do I need a letter from them?
3) Can I highlight the transaction using a software(like Adobe Acrobat Pro) and adding text/ numbering next to it? Can I number the statement so that it is easier for the Entry Clearance Officer?
4) I have multiple credit cards that I have used for transactions like flights, hotel bookings, gifts since we met. Shall I consolidate them into one as per each bank or group them by each year?

Any guidance is highly appreciated. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Highlight transaction on a Credit Card Statement

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:03 pm

Topics merged!! There is no need to start a new topic with each question you have. Stick to one topic, this one, only.
1) For our engagement in 2018, I purchased rings but have misplaced the bill. The merchant cannot give me a duplicate bill. I see the transaction on my credit card statement. How do I show this in my application? Can I simply mention it in my cover letter or show it in our pictures for our engagement?
If you are married, there is NO requirement to prove your engagement.
2) Can I simply submit the online statement or does it need to be signed by the bank or do I need a letter from them?
Submit only what the rules ask for, not what you think is relevant.
3) Can I highlight the transaction using a software(like Adobe Acrobat Pro) and adding text/ numbering next to it? Can I number the statement so that it is easier for the Entry Clearance Officer?
Do NOT submit documents you have amended, they will be disregarded. Your documents must be submitted in the same way as you receive them.
4) I have multiple credit cards that I have used for transactions like flights, hotel bookings, gifts since we met. Shall I consolidate them into one as per each bank or group them by each year?
Why are you submitting this?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:03 pm
Topics merged!! There is no need to start a new topic with each question you have. Stick to one topic, this one, only.
Ok
Does an online pdf statement require a letter from the bank stating they are genuine?
Do NOT submit documents you have amended, they will be disregarded. Your documents must be submitted in the same way as you receive them.
How do I mention about a specific transaction as in some card statements I almost have 30 transactions
To show proof of vacation together, transactions between us, gifts purchased

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:51 pm

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:56 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:03 pm
Ok
No need to sign or letter
Does an online pdf statement require a letter from the bank stating they are genuine? No
How do I mention about a specific transaction as in some card statements I almost have 30 transactions If you need to, write out the date and amount and page on statement in a cover letter or note.
To show proof of vacation together, transactions between us, gifts purchased
You should rather show the pictures and receipts.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:09 pm

Thank you @AmazonianX

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Spouse Visa- Financial Requirement Calculation

Post by HpyEvrAft » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:16 am

Hello Good People,

Can you please confirm my understanding on the Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa.

My wife earns fixed pay plus shift allowance & overtime, so we apply under CatA. I understand the minimum of fixed is taken and multiplied with 12. For Shift allowance & overtime, they are totalled for the 6 months, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12?

For Example,
Monthly Gross = £2000 (£1500(A) fixed + £500(B) shift allowance).
For one month £700(C) was earned as overtime.

Yearly Fixed = A*12
= £1500*12 = £18000
Yearly Variable = ((B*6 + C)/6)*12
= ((£500*6 + £700)/6)*12
= (£3000+£700)/6*12
= (£3700/6)*12 = £616.66*12 = £7400

Yearly Gross = Yearly Fixed + Yearly Variable
= £18000 + £ 7400
= £ 25400

Did I get this right? I hope so :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:05 pm

Topics merged again!! There is no need to start a new topic with each question you have. Stick to one topic, this one, only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Spouse Visa- Financial Requirement Calculation

Post by HpyEvrAft » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am

My apologies. I misunderstood the rules.

I have another question:

I have a child from my previous marriage who lives with my ex-wife. My ex-wife has complete custody of my child.
In the section Application> Your children for the question "Do you have any dependant children?" should I select Yes or No?

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:47 am

Any feedback?
My understand is dependant means living with me and I am responsible for their finances, standard of living, etc.
But I think in the Spouse Visa application dependant child means your child irrespective if they live with you or not.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:37 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:47 am
Any feedback?
My understand is dependant means living with me and I am responsible for their finances, standard of living, etc.
But I think in the Spouse Visa application dependant child means your child irrespective if they live with you or not.Correct! Do you play a role in the child's life? If you do, no matter how miniscule, then that is a dependant.
It's a bit like when you watch the USA movies, and a policeman reads you your Miranda rights "You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law." However, if you don't say it now, you can't use it on a later date. 8)
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

What do they earn?

Post by HpyEvrAft » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:41 am

Background: My wife has been with the same org for 6+ months. She earn a monthly salary, is a permanent employee. However besides the monthly fixed pay she also earn variable pay (shift allowance & overtime). So we apply under Category A.

I am not sure which option to select for the below question in the form:
What do they earn?
1)The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
2) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

If I select 2, it says to provide "Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application".
Why 12 months? Should I select option 1?
If I select 1, the form doesn't ask for any payslips, contract, employment letter at the end.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: What do they earn?

Post by HpyEvrAft » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:53 pm

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:41 am
Background: My wife has been with the same org for 6+ months. She earn a monthly salary, is a permanent employee. However besides the monthly fixed pay she also earn variable pay (shift allowance & overtime). So we apply under Category A.

I am not sure which option to select for the below question in the form:
What do they earn?
1)The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
2) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

If I select 2, it says to provide "Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application".
Why 12 months? Should I select option 1?
If I select 1, the form doesn't ask for any payslips, contract, employment letter at the end.
A bit of research and I understand that 1. falls under Category A while 2. under Category B.
So under CatA, I show her yearly gross as salaried and calculate her variable as non-salaried to get to the final gross salary.
If one of the experienced members can confirm this, it would really help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 am

If with the salary only she meets the financial threshold then this can be used corroborated by the letter from employer under Cat A.
So, does she earn at least £1,550 per month for the 6months she has being with the organisation?

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:59 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 am
If with the salary only she meets the financial threshold then this can be used corroborated by the letter from employer under Cat A.
So, does she earn at least £1,550 per month for the 6months she has being with the organisation?
As per her contract she earns £1,520 per month.
In addition to this she earn shift allowance & overtime. I understand that I need to add these for 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12 to get the yearly amount.
When I add this amount to her fixed pay as per her contract, it takes us over £18,600.

In addition, she is also showing ISA savings. Just in case.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:00 pm

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:59 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 am
As per her contract she earns £1,520 per month.
In addition to this she earn shift allowance & overtime. I understand that I need to add these for 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12 to get the yearly amount.
When I add this amount to her fixed pay as per her contract, it takes us over £18,600.

In addition, she is also showing ISA savings. Just in case.
So you can proceed with application.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Spouse Visa- Declaration Letter for Cash Savings

Post by HpyEvrAft » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 pm

I tried to find this on the internet but without much luck.
Can some please post a sample format for Declaration of Cash Savings?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:16 am
Hello Good People,

Can you please confirm my understanding on the Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa.

My wife earns fixed pay plus shift allowance & overtime, so we apply under CatA. I understand the minimum of fixed is taken and multiplied with 12. For Shift allowance & overtime, they are totalled for the 6 months, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12?

For Example,

Yearly Fixed = A*12
= £1500*12 = £18000
= ((£500*6 + £700)/6)*12
= (£3000+£700)/6*12

= £18000 + £ 7400
= £ 25400

There’s no template for cash declaration and it is irrelevant because you don’t need one!

Your income is met under category A.

What is not clear whether you are earning £18,000 a year? You said she earn £1520 monthly excluding shift allowance and overtime but does not equate to £18,000 but £18,240. Can you clarify?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am
HpyEvrAft wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:16 am
Hello Good People,

For Example,

Yearly Fixed = A*12
= £1500*12 = £18000
= ((£500*6 + £700)/6)*12
= (£3000+£700)/6*12

= £18000 + £ 7400
= £ 25400

There’s no template for cash declaration and it is irrelevant because you don’t need one!

Your income is met under category A.

What is not clear whether you are earning £18,000 a year? You said she earn £1520 monthly excluding shift allowance and overtime but does not equate to £18,000 but £18,240. Can you clarify?
Sure. My wife earns £18,240 per year. Above that, she also earns from Shift Allowance & Overtime Allowance. That's what takes us over the £18,600 mark.
I calculated that amount using the non-salaried calculation and added to the salaried amount of £18,240.

Just in case they come up with some issue, we are also showing cash saving. At the end of the form it says to submit a declaration for the cash savings.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm

Just in case they come up with some issue, we are also showing cash saving. At the end of the form it says to submit a declaration for the cash savings.
How much savings is it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)