ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Financial Requirement Calculation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa- Financial Requirement Calculation

Post by TODMATT » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:38 pm

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am
HpyEvrAft wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:16 am
Hello Good People,

Can you please confirm my understanding on the Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa.

My wife earns fixed pay plus shift allowance & overtime, so we apply under CatA. I understand the minimum of fixed is taken and multiplied with 12. For Shift allowance & overtime, they are totalled for the 6 months, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12?

For Example,
Monthly Gross = £2000 (£1500(A) fixed + £500(B) shift allowance).
For one month £700(C) was earned as overtime.

Yearly Fixed = A*12
= £1500*12 = £18000
Yearly Variable = ((B*6 + C)/6)*12
= ((£500*6 + £700)/6)*12
= (£3000+£700)/6*12
= (£3700/6)*12 = £616.66*12 = £7400

Yearly Gross = Yearly Fixed + Yearly Variable
= £18000 + £ 7400
= £ 25400

Did I get this right? I hope so :)
There’s no template for cash declaration and it is irrelevant because you don’t need one!

Your income is met under category A.

What is not clear whether you are earning £18,000 a year? You said she earn £1520 monthly excluding shift allowance and overtime but does not equate to £18,000 but £18,240. Can you clarify?
Sure. My wife earns £18,240 per year. Above that, she also earns from Shift Allowance & Overtime Allowance. That's what takes us over the £18,600 mark.
I calculated that amount using the non-salaried calculation and added to the salaried amount of £18,240.

Just in case they come up with some issue, we are also showing cash saving. At the end of the form it says to submit a declaration for the cash savings.
You cannot use a non salaried formula if you are in a salaried employment(fixed annual salary).

Your overtime and shift allowance are calculated using non salaried approach.

You also want to avoid confusing caseworker where you meet the financial requirement. We have seen that on this forum many times where members over complicate things.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm
Just in case they come up with some issue, we are also showing cash saving. At the end of the form it says to submit a declaration for the cash savings.
How much savings is it?
About 18,000. But that adds £900 if I simply consider the gross salary as per the contract (if somehow the ECO decides to ignore the allowances). Just want to be certain that we provide everything for the financial part.

Any idea what the saving declaration looks like?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm

Any savings under £16,000 are disregarded. So only £2,000 of your savings will be considered.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:44 pm

Can someone help me with this.
I have a daughter from a previous marriage and pay for her education.
Where do I mention this. Or do I disregard it? Nowhere in the form it asks me, if as an applicant, I have any other expenses.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:06 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:44 pm
Where do I mention this. Or do I disregard it? Nowhere in the form it asks me, if as an applicant, I have any other expenses.
The application asks about children / dependants

HpyEvrAft
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by HpyEvrAft » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:06 am
HpyEvrAft wrote:
@AmazonianX, thanks for the help. Yes but it just asks for information about my daughter like her name, if she lives with me and is she travelling with me.
In our joint financial responsibilities, I put in mine and my wife's common expenses. I am wondering if I should put my daughter's school fees here.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:21 am

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
HpyEvrAft wrote:
@AmazonianX, thanks for the help. Yes but it just asks for information about my daughter like her name, if she lives with me and is she travelling with me.
In our joint financial responsibilities, I put in mine and my wife's common expenses. I am wondering if I should put my daughter's school fees here.
You're free to add your daughters school fees in the mix. It's actually part of your regular expenses.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 pm

HpyEvrAft wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
HpyEvrAft wrote:
In our joint financial responsibilities, I put in mine and my wife's common expenses. I am wondering if I should put my daughter's school fees here Correct.