ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for my Mother - Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am a naturalised british citizen and looking to invite my mother over from India on a visit visa. She will only be coming for 20 days during Diwali in Oct 2022. I will be sponsoring her and be looking after all her expenses during her stay. She has been here twice and always returned on time stated on the application. I am thinking to apply for a 10yr visa for her. She owns a hotel in India (director in a private limited company) and files yearly ITR. She lives in a house which is under my name. She has a car under her name, decent bank balance around 10 lacs (sustained over a period of time).

My question is what docs I need to submit for her to show her ties. Do I need to submit balance sheet showing shareholder & director information, ITR and payslips/banks tatements for her? or just show shareholder and director information to show her ties that she owns the hotel and skip the ITR, payslips, bank statements part?

I will be submitting my accommodation detail, proof of employment, 6 months bank statement and payslip.

Would really appreciate your advice on this

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa for my Mother - Query

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:50 am

mohanverma123 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:54 pm
Hi,

I am a naturalised british citizen and looking to invite my mother over from India on a visit visa. She will only be coming for 20 days during Diwali in Oct 2022. I will be sponsoring her and be looking after all her expenses during her stay. She has been here twice and always returned on time stated on the application. I am thinking to apply for a 10yr visa for her. She owns a hotel in India (director in a private limited company) and files yearly ITR. She lives in a house which is under my name. She has a car under her name, decent bank balance around 10 lacs (sustained over a period of time).

My question is what docs I need to submit for her to show her ties. Do I need to submit balance sheet showing shareholder & director information, ITR and payslips/banks tatements for her? or just show shareholder and director information to show her ties that she owns the hotel and skip the ITR, payslips, bank statements part?

I will be submitting my accommodation detail, proof of employment, 6 months bank statement and payslip.

Would really appreciate your advice on this
Use the same documents you used twice before. All the documents you've mentioned above are fine. Just make sure you DON'T add the company account in there. It doesn't belong to her and cannot be used as proof of funds. All accounts should be in her name and yours as the sponsor.

10 years visa is fine, saves you having to go through the stress of paperwork in a very short time again.

Payslips and bank statements for 6 months.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 am

Thank you for your reply.

My father applied the last two times so not sure what documentation was used and he sadly passed away two years ago. The ownership of the hotel then transferred to her post him passing away.

Do I need to submit payslips for her as well? or just mine ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:20 pm

mohanverma123 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 am
Thank you for your reply.

My father applied the last two times so not sure what documentation was used and he sadly passed away two years ago. The ownership of the hotel then transferred to her post him passing away. Sorry to hear about that. Put all that paper work in there.

Do I need to submit payslips for her as well? or just mine ?Her payslips as the primary applicant, and yours as the support act. In an ideal world, yours should suffice, but it's good to cover all the bases if you can.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi,

Looking to apply for a standard visitor visa for my mother for 10yrs (been here 3 times before)

Would she need to do a TB test?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Would she need to do a TB test?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:29 pm

Thanks