ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply from Pakistan : Help with my case

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Want to apply from Pakistan : Help with my case

Post by Mr.HHH » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi

Here are my details and I wish some one can guide me.

My Age : 30 Years

Have been working in a large textile group and also working as a Freelance Programmer (through Elance.com) and my earning through Freelance Programmer is much more of what I earn in the regular job. Even my freelance job is enough to satisfy the earning Points. I have payslips from my regular job and I have Western Union slips for my Freelance Job earning, apart from that, I have a letter from Elance.com confirming my earning for the past 12 years there. I have NTN and tax return for the regular job, but I dont have it for the Freelance Work, upon asking a Tax Consultant he told me that from Freelancing the amount is sent from USA so there is no need for tax return for that.

I done BSC Hons. in Computer Sciences from a college in Karachi - Pakistan in affiliation with a University in the UK.
I already applied for NARIC certificate, but NARIC did not replied me, but I emailed them, and they replied that there is no NEED to obtain NARIC certificate for me as my degree is already awarded by a UK University.

For the English language, I already have a letter from my institution that the medium of study was ENGLISH. Moreover, I obtain a similar certificate from the National Computer Center - UK

I have also appeared in IELTS recently and in next 10 days I will get my result.

For the maintenance funds, I already deposited enough funds (I had national saving certificates earlier) 3 months ago, so it has been in my account for the last 3 and half months.

Now, please let me now, where i stand and what I have to do next.

Please guide !

Thanks

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 pm

go to uk immigration web site and download

VAF9 and appendix 1

and fill it

U need to get together all the educational and professional docs. U need to make 3 copies of each set before u go at VAC

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.HHH » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i will definately attach all the related documents and their copies. But how should I tell them that I am not submitting the NARIC as it is not required.

Further, do you think that having these details I am in a good position to apply with good chances of success ?

Regards

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:26 am

i dont think there is any need to tell them about NAARIC. I won tell them as well. Senior members are requested to shed some light on it

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 am

I will be applying from Karachi Too..May be in dec next month..

Well i don't think you need to submit NARIC certificate. check with Assesement Calculator if you doung your college then no need for any other certificate.

When you are planning to apply? Also Tax Documents is also not required as long as you can provide two sort of evidence...

Vijay Kumar

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 am

im also going to apply from karachi in jan. i think we shud start karachi thread for tier-1 :)

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:36 am

It will be more better if we can arrange a metting(May be dinner) of all applicant from karachi.. so that we all can meet and discuss issues....

Vijay Kumar

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:45 am

that wud be lovely vijay. But if we have seen some one earlier, please dont tell the bosses :)

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.HHH » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:33 am

Thanks a lot people for sharing your ideas.

Yes its great to have a meeting and discuss the issues.
I posted my details above, but still no one replied about its validity or not. I want to make sure that things are fine. Is my case strong ? or there are some lackings ?

@Vijay
Thanks a lot for your reply.

@theImmigrant
Thanks for your reply.

But you know, I checked the UKBA website for assessment, and my university is not there. (As I said its under affiliation)

Can I attach the emails I have received from NARIC people and National Computing Center UK ?

farah

Post by farah » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 am

Mr HHH

Your degree is not recgnised. You do not qualify. Dont waste money

farah

Post by farah » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 am

Mr HHH

Your degree is not recgnised. You do not qualify. Dont waste money

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

But you know, I checked the UKBA website for assessment, and my university is not there. (As I said its under affiliation)

Can I attach the emails I have received from NARIC people and National Computing Center UK ?
send your degree and transcript to UK NARIC and get a Letter of Comparability.

This is clearly mentioned in Tier-1 guide that if your degree and institute are not present on UKBA website then you will have to provide them a prove of your qualification level from UK NARIC.

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.HHH » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Yes that is correct but you know I already sent my Credit Card details and the university details to NARIC.

but through email, they replied that the DEGREE I have was awarded by a UK UNIVERSITY.

NARIC is obtained for the prove of equivalency to the UK degree. So when I have the UK Degree it means UK DEGREE is equal to UK DEGREE so how they can evaluate. They further replied that in my case I do not need to obtain any certificate from them.

I have this email from them. Can I attach my email to support ?

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.HHH » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Yes that is correct but you know I already sent my Credit Card details and the university details to NARIC.

but through email, they replied that the DEGREE I have was awarded by a UK UNIVERSITY.

NARIC is obtained for the prove of equivalency to the UK degree. So when I have the UK Degree it means UK DEGREE is equal to UK DEGREE so how they can evaluate. They further replied that in my case I do not need to obtain any certificate from them.

I have this email from them. Can I attach my email to support ?

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:39 am

If your degree is awarded by a UK University then this should be available on the UKBA website.

Check with your University and UKBA why this University is not present on their website.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:15 am

Mr HHH.

i personally think that you can apply using the email communication with UK NARIC. If they themselves are saying that your degree is already awarded by a UK university then I dont think there should be any problem. Secondly, if the UK University name is clearly mentioned on your degree certificate, that will also be of great help in your case.
Regards,
KM

Mr.HHH
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.HHH » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Hello

Thanks every one for your replies.

Yes, on my degree the name of the university is written. It was awarded by London Guildhall University, (now it is London Metropolitan University)

I also have email correspondence with NCC Education (http://www.nccedu.com/)

I have a correspondence with their Director Quality confirming my degree and the college in Karachi - Pakistan which is an affiliate of London Metropolitan University.

So I have 1 email from NARIC. And this is what they wrote to me

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that my colleague emailed you yesterday to confirm that we have received your documentation under this enquiry number for our Fast Track service however we are unable to provide you with the Fast Track service as your awards are all from the UK and we cannot assess UK qualifications.

UNQUOTE

I also have another email from an official of NCC Education UK, confirming that I do not need to obtain NARIC certificate.