ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Referee's occupation

Post by UKLL » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Hello, can I ask if Health and Care Professions Council Registered Dietitian is an acceptable occupation as a referee for the naturalisation application? It is not on the example list, but Registered Dietitian is a legally protected title in the UK. Thank you so much for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee's occupation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:33 pm

The list you refer to is issued by the Home Office UKVI and marked "‘Acceptable professional persons". No indication as to discretion that may be applied. Ideally best to pick someone else with a listed profession.
However, if you have difficulties finding anyone elese you can always use that professional and add a note to this effect. If UKVI are not happy with the referee they will ask for another one, potentially adding further delay to a lengthy process. Others with experience of using an unlisted may wish to comment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:38 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:33 pm
The list you refer to is issued by the Home Office UKVI and marked "‘Acceptable professional persons". No indication as to discretion that may be applied. Ideally best to pick someone else with a listed profession.
However, if you have difficulties finding anyone elese you can always use that professional and add a note to this effect. If UKVI are not happy with the referee they will ask for another one, potentially adding further delay to a lengthy process. Others with experience of using an unlisted may wish to comment.
Thanks very much. It certainly meets their criteria:
- work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
- be ‘a person of good standing in their community’

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Found the document:

This list is an example of recognised professions. It is not a complete list,
and any alternatives a customer provides must be considered:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ATION_.pdf

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:44 pm

This list is from HMPO - for passport applications after you are British - different organisation and process.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:52 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:44 pm
This list is from HMPO - for passport applications after you are British - different organisation and process.
Are you sure?

The Home Office Guide AN Naturalisation Booklet seems to refer to the same source (Countersigning passport applications and photos)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _06.07.pdf

page 25 referee -- professional person hyperlink

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:01 pm

OK, good spot, so on the face of it you could just use your chosen professional referee.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:04 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:01 pm
OK, good spot, so on the face of it you could just use your chosen professional referee.
I'll report back either way.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Address history

Post by UKLL » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:45 am

Hello, I have got a question regarding how I should put down my address history:

Can I put two addresses for the past 5 years and the time period of the two addresses overlap?

Example:
Address A 2016 - 2022
Address B 2018 - 2021

Address A is where my house is and address B is where I stayed when I had work. I used address B to apply for ILR because that was the postal address. Would that raise any issues? Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Address history

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:22 am

UKLL wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:45 am
Hello, I have got a question regarding how I should put down my address history:

Can I put two addresses for the past 5 years and the time period of the two addresses overlap?

Example:
Address A 2016 - 2022
Address B 2018 - 2021

Address A is where my house is and address B is where I stayed when I had work. I used address B to apply for ILR because that was the postal address. Would that raise any issues? Thank you!
Did you also indicate A while applying for ILR or solely Address B?