ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension (for main partner with ILR)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension (for main partner with ILR)

Post by Anthony86 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:13 pm

Dear all

I believe this question has been posed in some form on other threads but I have not been able to fully piece together the answer. As such, I will be most grateful for your suggestions in how I proceed:

My Tier 2 dependent visa is due to expire on 2nd February 2023 on completion of 3 years. My wife has already obtained ILR earlier this year (around March 2022). My confusion is since the 'Tier 2' appears to have been done away with and I can't find any direct guidance on the UK GOV site for this, could you kindly guide me on the following:

- Can I apply via the Skilled Worker Visa Extension for dependents link that is found on this page? https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

- Can I use my wife's last COS from her employer (which was issued to support her ILR) that expires in February next year as the reference number, even though she now has ILR (she is still with the same employer). Reason for this question was because I believe earlier there was a need to apply within 3 months of the COS being issued - not sure if this is still the case?

- I will be out of the UK in the month of December (returning in January) but would like to commence the extension process within the 60 day period (we usually go for the fast-track service) so I hope it is not a problem to make the initial extension application from overseas?

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension (for main partner with ILR)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:17 pm

1. Skilled worker dependent visa extension yes. It will be a 3 year extension.

2. You simply provide the last sponsor and COS details as asked. It is irrelevant when you apply ad a dependent. You can even apply now.

3. You should apply within the uk to avoid any issues given that your partner has ilr. Either apply now or apply when you return and before you current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension (for main partner with ILR)

Post by Anthony86 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 am

Thank you very much for the confirmation! I will try applying now in this case.