ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_saini
India

Skilled Worker Dependent ILR

Post by s_saini » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:52 am

Hi

One of my friend is completing 10 years into UK.

He initially come under ICT category and from last 1 year he is on Skilled worker visa. He is completing his 10 year on 20 Sep 2022.
He is eligible for ILR.

Issue is his family join him 6 months later initially, so they are qualifying for 10 year ILR route on their own Around March 2023.

My question is if main applicant changes his category to ILR. Do dependent applicants have to change as well. In that case I hope its better to wait 6-7 Months to save money.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:59 am

When the main applicant gets ILR under the long residence, then the dependants are expected to switch to the family route visa by applying using FLR(M) form. They can do this at their convince and before the end of their current visa expiry but it is highly recommended they switch routes if they plan to travel outside the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:00 pm

Thanks for reply.

If the Main Applicant switch category to ILR and dependents stay on the same category untill their current visa expiry date. Are they still legal in UK.

If they don't change category and stay on dependent route. Are they still availble to apply for 10 year ILR route when they qualify.

I am just clearifying

I got it they can't travel.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:13 pm

s_saini wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:00 pm
Thanks for reply.

If the Main Applicant switch category to ILR and dependents stay on the same category untill their current visa expiry date. Are they still legal in UK.

If they don't change category and stay on dependent route. Are they still availble to apply for 10 year ILR route when they qualify.

I am just clearifying

I got it they can't travel.
Yes, their visas remain valid until expiry. However, UKVI might decide to curtail their leave
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Thanks for your valuable time.

when you say "UKVI might decide to curtail their leave",
Will they inform them in writing to apply for another visa.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:32 am

s_saini wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:59 pm
Thanks for your valuable time.

when you say "UKVI might decide to curtail their leave",
Will they inform them in writing to apply for another visa.
They will inform them that their visa is curtailed and now has a new expiry date. They may advise them to apply for a new visa if they are eligible. However I never heard of this kind of curtailment, to be honest. I just had to tell you this as it is a possibility