ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Stamp 4 but got Stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheBlaze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Applied for Stamp 4 but got Stamp 1

Post by TheBlaze1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster here!

I am a researcher who has recently completed 22 months on a combination of two valid Hosting Agreements (HAs) from the same employer.

I recently applied for a stamp 4 roughly a month ago and I received a stamp 1 recently. During the application for my stamp 4, I may have made a mistake by not attaching all my previous HAs and payslips in the application.

My question is two fold:

- How should I proceed in rectifying this situation.

- In the event, I have to make a new application for the Stamp 4 visa, will I have to wait for this new stamp 1 visa to expire?

Looking forward to your answers. Thank you very much 🙏🏿

Kind Regards.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Applied for Stamp 4 but got Stamp 1

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Stamp 4 on HA is a manual process as it doesn’t require a Stamp 4 Support Letter like CSEP. That means, the onus is on you to provide proofs that you have been having valid HA’s for the last two years.

If you did not disclose the last two years’ HA’s and confirmations from the college, it is correct for the officer to give you a Stamp 1.

If you didn’t give them correct information, you will need to make a new application and may have to pay another 300 euro. If you did, you should simply send them an email and ask them to send you a new Stamp 4 card.

Either way, send them an email or write them a letter and explain the issue.

TheBlaze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by TheBlaze1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:41 pm

Many thanks for the reply.

So this means that all my previous HAs which are in the immigration Database (as it’s not the first time I’m renewing my permission) do not count in a new application.

If I make a new application for a Stamp 4, what will happen to the current stamp? And will this new Stamp 1 affect my application?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Well they are in the DETE’s system, not in INIS’s system. INIS records a decision and some basic details about the application, but it’s not the officer’s responsibility to get details from your past applications and from other departments’ systems. That will be too slow if the officer needs to do this for every single person.

If you get a new stamp while your current stamp is still valid, your current stamp will be automatically cancelled. There will be no adverse effect on your status.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:44 pm

You need to bring all Hosting Agreements and present them to the officer. You should get a Stamp 4 after two years on hosting aggreement. I asked them to give me Stamp 4 when I completed 23 months on hosting agreement. I got a stamp on my passport at that time which said I am able to work or engage in business.