ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help! - Absence from State correspondence letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chippopickle
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please help! - Absence from State correspondence letter

Post by chippopickle » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for some help/information. I applied for citizenship through naturalisation as a British citizen living in Ireland for 16 years in March 2021.

I received my passport back in June 2021, received the evetting process in May 2022 and I have just received this letter through the post in August 2022.

"Dear _____

I am directed by the Minister for Justice to refer to your application for naturalisation.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office and any document enclosed.

Please confirm the exact dates of your absences in the state and any documentary evidence to back this up.

Please quote your reference number on all correspondence with this office.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship - CMU1

An Roinn Dlí agus Cirt, Bóthar Rósanna, Baile Thiobraid Árann, Contae Thiobraid Árann, E34 N566 Department of Justice, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co Tipperary, E34 N566 T +353 62 32500 | losghlao/Lo-Call: 1890 252 854 | citizenshipinfo@justice.ie
"

Needless to say, I'm confused. In my application I noted any time I was out of the state for more than 6 weeks, this time was when I was on a j1 in the US for one year.

Are they wanting more information about this year that I spent in the US or are they wanting information about ANY time spent out of the state (weekend holidays away to Europe/UK etc)?

Any help on this would be most appreciated as I don't find the letter very clear. Also, are they expecting me to email my response to them or by post?

Many thanks in advance.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: Please help! - Absence from State correspondence letter

Post by OneWorld2122 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:10 pm

I don't think they need 16 years of travel history details, curious :
was you away for more than 6 weeks in 365 days before you submitted your application ?

You may write a letter with details for last 5-6 years from the date you submitted application and in tabular format provide details for each year with columns : date of arrival , departure, number of days away, country and reason.

And then provide flight etc tickets as a proof.
chippopickle wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:41 pm
Hi all,

I am looking for some help/information. I applied for citizenship through naturalisation as a British citizen living in Ireland for 16 years in March 2021.

I received my passport back in June 2021, received the evetting process in May 2022 and I have just received this letter through the post in August 2022.

"Dear _____

I am directed by the Minister for Justice to refer to your application for naturalisation.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office and any document enclosed.

Please confirm the exact dates of your absences in the state and any documentary evidence to back this up.

Please quote your reference number on all correspondence with this office.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship - CMU1

An Roinn Dlí agus Cirt, Bóthar Rósanna, Baile Thiobraid Árann, Contae Thiobraid Árann, E34 N566 Department of Justice, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co Tipperary, E34 N566 T +353 62 32500 | losghlao/Lo-Call: 1890 252 854 | citizenshipinfo@justice.ie
"

Needless to say, I'm confused. In my application I noted any time I was out of the state for more than 6 weeks, this time was when I was on a j1 in the US for one year.

Are they wanting more information about this year that I spent in the US or are they wanting information about ANY time spent out of the state (weekend holidays away to Europe/UK etc)?

Any help on this would be most appreciated as I don't find the letter very clear. Also, are they expecting me to email my response to them or by post?

Many thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Please help! - Absence from State correspondence letter

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:12 am

You need to provide absence of dates that covers your application period - for example if you are making an application based on last 5 years of residency, you should provide evidences of that.

Airline ticket reservation emails should suffice.