ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependant Extension (Main Applicant on ILR) Questions?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rad28
Bahrain

Skilled Worker Dependant Extension (Main Applicant on ILR) Questions?

Post by Rad28 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi,

I have obtained ILR in September 2021 through Tier 2 five year route. My wife is currently in the UK on a PBS Dependant visa, which is up for an extension soon. Her history is below:

Type of visa: PBS Dependent
Date of issue: 15/12/2020
Date of entry: 28/02/2021
Date of expiry: 30/08/2022

We have started the application using the following link: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 1661087842

Questions:

1. When we start the application, the name of the application shows as "Dependant Partner" and has no mention of extension. As this is an extension rather than an application to enter the UK, should there be mention that this an extension application? and Is this the right application?

2. Her current visa expires on 30/08/2022, can we apply 1 day before on 29/08/2022 even though this is a bank holiday?

3. We have filled out Section 1 (Identity and Contact) and Section 2 (Prepare Application). Now what remains are Section 3 (Pay and submit application) and Section 4 (Provide Evidence). My understanding is that Section 3 needs to be done before the current visa expiration date (30/08/2022), however when can I submit section 4 with the evidence? Is this also with the application submission or can this be during anytime before we arrange the biometric appointment later on?

Thank you.

Rad28
Bahrain

Re: Skilled Worker Dependant Extension (Main Applicant on ILR) Questions?

Post by Rad28 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:18 am

Can anyone advice please? @CR001 @Zimba @Vinny

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:50 pm

I need to submit my application either today or Monday, can any of the moderators please assist with responding to my questions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:07 pm

1. If the link you have posted is from the skilled worker UKVI page, then yes it is correct. It wouldn't say 'extension'.

2. You can/could have applied anytime before her visa expiry date and MUST apply on or before 30th August.

3. Supporting documents must be submitted before the biometric appointment if the IDV option is not given to dependent. You do not upload when you submit and pay the online application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:07 pm
1. If the link you have posted is from the skilled worker UKVI page, then yes it is correct. It wouldn't say 'extension'.

2. You can/could have applied anytime before her visa expiry date and MUST apply on or before 30th August.

3. Supporting documents must be submitted before the biometric appointment if the IDV option is not given to dependent. You do not upload when you submit and pay the online application.
Thanks CR001 for your response, please see some follow-up comments/questions:

1. Yes it's the link that says "extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner" from the skilled worker UKVI page https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children this is correct?

2. Thanks for the confirmation.

3. We have downloaded the IDV app as we were asked at the start of the application to take a picture of the applicant, picture of the current BRP, and scan the BRP. Does this affect the document submission? When is the latest time that we can submit the supporting documents following the application submission date?

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Rad28 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:07 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response, please see some follow-up comments/questions:

1. Yes it's the link that says "extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner" from the skilled worker UKVI page https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children this is correct?

2. Thanks for the confirmation.

3. We have downloaded the IDV app as we were asked at the start of the application to take a picture of the applicant, picture of the current BRP, and scan the BRP. Does this affect the document submission? When is the latest time that we can submit the supporting documents following the application submission date?
@CR001 - I am hoping to submit my application today, can you please reply to my last response above?