ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife is British National

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrs87
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Wife is British National

Post by mrs87 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:38 pm

If wife is a British National, never been to UK, how children and husband accompany her to UK for good?

Husband is a skilled person, children are aged below 13?

secret.simon

Re: Wife is British National

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:43 pm

How did the wife acquire British nationality?

Where was she born?

That will determine whether the children are British citizens or not.

The British wife will need to show a certain amount of minimum income AND a job in the UK (or savings above £64,000) before she can sponsor the rest of the family. The amount that she needs to show (of either income or savings) will depend on whether the children are British citizens as well or not, and how many children there are.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mrs87
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mrs87 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:04 pm

Wife's father is a British National, however, settled in Pakistan. Wife has acquired her British passport from Pakistan (her birthplace), however, has never been to UK.

We have three children, the eldest being 12.5 years.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:29 pm

mrs87 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:04 pm
Wife's father is a British National, however, settled in Pakistan. Wife has acquired her British passport from Pakistan (her birthplace), however, has never been to UK.

We have three children, the eldest being 12.5 years.
It looks like the wife will be British citizen by descent but she will need to apply under appendix FM and meet the financial requirements for all the children and the husband.

It will be 90K savings required for 3 children and wife otherwise if she's earning abroad.

You might need to return back to the UK and meet the financial requirements if you don't have the relevant savings unless you are working abroad?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:39 am

British citizenship gives only the British citizen the right to move to the UK, not the rest of their family.

To bring their spouse and three non-British children to the UK, the British citizen spouse will need to show
(a) an income of at least £27,200 per annum in the country they are resident in now AND a confirmed job offer in the UK paying at least as much, or,
(b) an income of at least £27,200 in the UK (for six months if they are salaried and 12 months if variable income)-this option will require them to move to the UK on their own without family for those six or 12 months, or,
(c) savings of at least £84,000 held in an accessible bank account for at least six months.

The fees for their applications will be ~£1,500 each (for the spouse and each of the three children) + £1,800 each for their Immigration Health Surcharge. This visa would be valid for 2.5 years after which they need to reapply for another visa of the same nature, with concomitant fees.

So, to summarise, it is going to be a long, difficult journey ahead for the family.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.