ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund - NHS Staff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska_abbas

IHS Refund - NHS Staff

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi there,

Today I came across this IHS Reimbursement Scheme for NHS Health and Social Care staff.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... re-setting

Looking at the guidance, it seems the scheme is open to all Health and Social Care staff who are working directly with the NHS or partner organisations.

I am on a Skilled Worker Visa and am working for NHS Clinical Commissioning Group as Project Manager (non-medical), would I be eligible for this refund? Has anybody working in Health and Social Care used this and got a refund?

Would be grateful, if someone can advise.

Thanks

SKJ1984
India

Re: IHS Refund - NHS Staff

Post by SKJ1984 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 pm

If you are in skilled worker - Health care visa then you would have not paid IHS fee at first place. Have you paid IHS fee as part of your application? If yes is it by mistake or you were told to pay since your role is not eligible for IHS exemption. Usually NHS visa cell informs as a part of CoS issuance whether to pay IHS or not.

if you are just in skilled worker visa, then you will not be eligible.

I understand that only two cases for IHS refunds for health care workers.

1. Old Tier2 Visa holders who have paid 3 / 5 years IHS before Mar 2020 who have been working as health and care workers.
2. Other visa holders like PBS dependents who are in health care sector in an applicable role but paid IHS as part of their application. (Say main holder is not a health care visa holder)

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:00 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 pm
If you are in skilled worker - Health care visa then you would have not paid IHS fee at first place. Have you paid IHS fee as part of your application? If yes is it by mistake or you were told to pay since your role is not eligible for IHS exemption. Usually NHS visa cell informs as a part of CoS issuance whether to pay IHS or not.

if you are just in skilled worker visa, then you will not be eligible.

I understand that only two cases for IHS refunds for health care workers.

1. Old Tier2 Visa holders who have paid 3 / 5 years IHS before Mar 2020 who have been working as health and care workers.
2. Other visa holders like PBS dependents who are in health care sector in an applicable role but paid IHS as part of their application. (Say main holder is not a health care visa holder)
Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through the guidance yesterday and it seems Skilled Worker visa holders working for any NHS body who are providing or supporting healthcare and social work are eligible for this.

Under Health and Care visa, one gets exempted at the time of the application, however, with Skilled Worker visa you have to pay IHS, but can get it refunded.

I have filled the application yesterday, lets see what happens.

Have a look at this example given on gov uk
"For example, an applicant who is of Korean nationality, and paid the IHS who works as a NHS administrator, and is the partner of a UK national who works as a team member in a supermarket would be eligible to apply for reimbursement."
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2020#annex

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:02 pm