ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- confirm identity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mandeep09
India

British Passport- confirm identity

Post by mandeep09 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:18 pm

Dear all,
I made an online application on 22nd July and someone confirm my identity on 27th July and I have posted my current (Indian) passport & certificate to HM passport office.
I have received an email & text message on 1st August fro. HM office that they have received my documents.

Today, I have received an email & txt that someone has to confirm my identity, but I have already done that on 27th July.
Can someone please advise? Or anyone come across the same situation.
The only need one person to confirm my identity ?

Look forward to hearing.

Many thanks in advance
Regards,

kamoe
European Union

Re: British Passport- confirm identity

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 pm

mandeep09 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:18 pm
Today, I have received an email & txt that someone has to confirm my identity, but I have already done that on 27th July.
What's the timeline shown when you go here?: https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/track/
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mandeep09
India

Post by mandeep09 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Hi Kamoe,

There is no time frame, although its shows the following;

Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:49pm on 23 August 2022
Documents received 2:35pm on 1 August 2022
Application received 10:10pm on 28 July 2022
Identity details received 10:10pm on 28 July 2022
Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:51am on 28 July 2022
Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:22pm on 20 July 2022
Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:17pm on 20 July 2022
Application submitted 7:17pm on 20 July 2022

Regards,
Mandeep

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:09 pm

I can only guess that your referee made a mistake somehow. Maybe they typed your DOB wrong? Contact them and ask them if they received a new nudge from the Passport Office asking them to confirm your details again. I cannot think of another reason.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mandeep09
India

Post by mandeep09 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:49 pm

Thank you Kamoe,

I have asked the person but he never received anything new from HM, but I have managed to find someone else now to confirm, hopefully it goes through. Finger crossed.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Mandeep

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 am

This happened with my daughter's application a few months ago. I called HMPO and they said its best to ask someone else to do it, so I asked the same guy's wife as she also meets the criteria.

I'm not sure if the first guy made a mistake or whether HMPO randomly pick some applicants for a second verification.

mandeep09
India

Post by mandeep09 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:08 am

rayclark wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 am
This happened with my daughter's application a few months ago. I called HMPO and they said its best to ask someone else to do it, so I asked the same guy's wife as she also meets the criteria.

I'm not sure if the first guy made a mistake or whether HMPO randomly pick some applicants for a second verification.

Thanks rayclark,

It’s nearly 2 weeks after 2nd referee’s confirm my identity and I haven’t heard anything. I do not know why they are taking too long ( I was reading other peoples posts they have received passport very quickly) I don’t have anyone else to confirm my identity if HMPO come back with the same issue. Stressing time.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:51 am

mandeep09 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:08 am
rayclark wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 am

Thanks rayclark,

It’s nearly 2 weeks after 2nd referee’s confirm my identity and I haven’t heard anything. I do not know why they are taking too long ( I was reading other peoples posts they have received passport very quickly) I don’t have anyone else to confirm my identity if HMPO come back with the same issue. Stressing time.
Stressing gets you nowhere. The process takes about 10 weeks. You and the next person are not the same.
It would take as long as it takes.

If they aren't satisfied with your referee, it's not optional, you've got to dig deeper.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!