ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed charge for parking on yellow line and citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovebino
Ireland

Fixed charge for parking on yellow line and citizenship

Post by lovebino » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Folks,

I got a fixed charge of €40 from Traffic Wardens and I paid for it.

I submitted citizenship application one year ago and I wonder, should I inform the department about this now or I can leave it there and they will find it when doing vetting?

Nothing I can do now but would that fixed charged negatively impact my application?

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: Fixed charge for parking on yellow line and citizenship

Post by ailA2019 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 pm

lovebino wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:19 pm
Folks,

I submitted citizenship application one year ago and I wonder, should I inform the department about this now or I can leave it there and they will find it when doing vetting?

Nothing I can do now but would that fixed charged negatively impact my application?

not necessary when you got an E vetting form regarding criminal background checks, then you can smoothly inform them when you fill out a vetting form online.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:56 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 pm
lovebino wrote:
Folks,

not necessary when you got an E vetting form regarding criminal background checks, then you can smoothly inform them when you fill out a vetting form online.
Wrong advice. He/she must disclose it at any stage of the application. If you didn't disclose it and they get to know by themselves, your application may be refused. This i am 100% sure of.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:57 pm

lovebino wrote:
Folks,

Just write small remorseful letter and apologise, then make sure you attach a copy of the fixed charge receipt paid to the letter. This method has always been working perfectly and no issues. But not disclosing it is a big risk. I am sure some people can testify to this here.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:22 pm

I believe informing the department could have positive impact rather than they found the issue by themself about honesty. However, I was unable to find official statement that we would need to inform them at any stage during application. I only found that we need to inform if we leave Ireland for more than 6 weeks after we apply. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am now in the position to accept refusal of my appplication from them because of this parking fixed charge fine.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:51 pm

The application form since the very first version has always asked the same question. In fact, there is an entire section (Section 11) about your offences and convictions in Ireland. It would be really hard to argue that you missed it.

To stress the importance of this, they even specifically said this in the eVetting guidance:
Accordingly, it is in the applicant’s best interests to provide a comprehensive listing of offences as part of the application process, failure to do so may well adversely affect the applicant’s application for Naturalisation.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:00 pm

And stressing it again in the application form:
IMPORTANT ‐ please note the following points:

The Minister is not obliged to give advance notice of adverse information of which the applicant is already aware. Should adverse information come to light in the course of the processing of the application which the applicant could reasonable foresee could be taken into account, the Department will not correspond with the applicant on the matter. However, such information will be taken into consideration in the decision making process.
I don’t think it’s a serious enough offence that will result in an automatic refusal. You should simply send them a letter now and express your remorse as others have mentioned.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:09 am

Many thanks for your advices Folks.
Yes, I am going to notify the department on Monday and I hope they will consider for that.
Thank you again,