ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubbly123

IDV

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:57 am

Dear Gurus,

I have applied for the naturalisation in UK. Fees paid. UKVI asked me to give the biometric via IDV. Can I give my biometric through IDV app if I am outside UK. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: IDV

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:39 am

You need to follow the instructions from UKVI. Did you receive an email from them? In that message it will be specified if you are eligible for the IDV app or if you need to book an appointment.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:51 am

Thank you so much for the reply. I am eligible to use IDV app. My question is can I give biometric using the IDV app outside UK. I am currently away from UK for a short period.
Thank you

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:53 pm

Gurus please help. Please give me your suggestion.
Thank you so much

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:05 pm

When are you due back? I couldn't find anywhere that you have to be in the UK to use it, but if you want to be safe, no harm in waiting for a few extra days (unless someone else knows it is not an issue to do it from abroad). To my knowledge the only thing that matters is that you were in the UK when you submitted your application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:28 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:57 am
Dear Gurus,

I have applied for the naturalisation in UK. Fees paid. UKVI asked me to give the biometric via IDV. Can I give my biometric through IDV app if I am outside UK. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
i think it is possible to use the app outside the UK. Did you decide yo use it/did it work for you?
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply! IDV app biometric didn’t work for me in India so I came back to UK and did my my biometric in person!