ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or MN1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranji82
United Kingdom

ILR or MN1

Post by ranji82 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi All,

Hope every one is doing well. I need some guidance to choose best route for my son.

I am British Citizen and got my citizenship via ILR and my younger son got citizenship by decent as he was born in India after my naturalization. My elder son also born in India before my ILR.

My Wife and elder son were on family visa i.e. FLR(M), its valid till next march and they are now eligible for ILR.

I am wondering should I apply ILR for both or should I apply ILR for my wife and apply MN1 for my child.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR or MN1

Post by Ticktack » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 pm

ranji82 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:54 pm
Hi All,

Hope every one is doing well. I need some guidance to choose best route for my son.

I am British Citizen and got my citizenship via ILR and my younger son got citizenship by decent as he was born in India after my naturalization. My elder son also born in India before my ILR.

My Wife and elder son were on family visa i.e. FLR(M), its valid till next march and they are now eligible for ILR.

I am wondering should I apply ILR for both or should I apply ILR for my wife and apply MN1 for my child.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You have to apply for ILR for both.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:08 am

A child born before your ILR follows the same path as the mother
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ranji82
United Kingdom

Re: Upload Document Checklist

Post by ranji82 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 am

Thanks Both ... I have submitted ILR application for both.

I am in the process of uploading documents and have a question.

Do I need to upload Document Checklist as under Proof of Application along with Family Declaration, Current Passport and Covering Letter ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Upload Document Checklist

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:11 pm

ranji82 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 am
Thanks Both ... I have submitted ILR application for both.

I am in the process of uploading documents and have a question.

Do I need to upload Document Checklist as under Proof of Application along with Family Declaration, Current Passport and Covering Letter ?
It does not matter. All will be seen
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ranji82
United Kingdom

Re: Employment Reference Letter Query

Post by ranji82 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba , I have another question regarding the employment reference letter.

I got the reference letter from my employer but they haven't included salary as per company policy. I have provided pay slips and bank statements along with P60. I hope these are enough for them to make decision.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employment Reference Letter Query

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:57 pm

ranji82 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:40 pm
Thanks a lot Zimba , I have another question regarding the employment reference letter.

I got the reference letter from my employer but they haven't included salary as per company policy. I have provided pay slips and bank statements along with P60. I hope these are enough for them to make decision.
The rules require the salary to be mentioned in the letter. You can also provide the employment contract showing your salary

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Thanks a lot for quick response Zimba. My employment contract does include my hourly pay rate , hope this should be sufficient.

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding document upload, our appointment is tomorrow and I didn't realize I have to upload my documents 48 hour before appointment. I just finished uploading all the documents but can not see option to submit these documents.

Any idea , how can I submit these documents ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:16 pm

UKcvas will submit them
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 for quick response, Do we need to mention this to UKVCAS tomorrow. I am just worried will they submit all the documents I have uploaded till now ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:30 pm

Ask them tomorrow, they should be able to let you submit.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:57 am

ranji82 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:23 pm
Thanks a lot CR001 for quick response, Do we need to mention this to UKVCAS tomorrow. I am just worried will they submit all the documents I have uploaded till now ?
Worry not, without you even mentioning it the UKVCAS personnel will ask you if that's all documents you have uploaded and if can go ahead to submit.

ranji82
United Kingdom

MN1 Registration

Post by ranji82 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:56 pm

Thanks a lot AmazonianX .. We managed to submit the documents at UKVCAS and just received Approval.

I have a question regarding MN1 registration for my elder one. Father and brother are British Citizens and Mother and elder ones have just got ILR.

How long do we need to wait before applying MN1 for elder one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:58 pm

Please post your citizenship questions in the correct sub forum. These questions are not relevant to the ILR sub forum or your ILR topic.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.