ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Visa documents upload Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluedove

ILR Visa documents upload Query

Post by bluedove » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:44 pm

Hi

How long do you have to upload documents on UKVCAS. Due to family emergency I am out of country and on wife UKVAS application it says i have time until 25 september to upload documents.
i.e Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 25 September 2022

Does she need to submit asap or wait for few more days ? I will be back this weekend so will hopefully upload all documents by Sunday 04/09/22. Is this okay or am I already late?

Please can someone advise.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Visa documents upload Query

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:58 pm

You get up to 45 days to book and attend your appointment. You may upload your documents anytime before the appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:14 pm

I have submitted all my wife documents via IDV app. Today I received an email from Home office Atlas reminder to enrol your biometric information.

I am slightly confused as what is going on - the whole purpose of IDV app was to submit photo and short video etc to complete application process including uploading documents. Have I missed something please can someone advise?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Ignore that if you already applied via IDV
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bluedove

ILR SET(M) - Biometric Enrolment Reminder

Post by bluedove » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi

I applied for SET(M) visa in August and uploaded all my documents using IDV app including photo etc. I then received a generic email in September to provide biometrics. I phoned UKVCAS who asked me to contact UK VISA directly. I Spoke to an adviser who informed me that there is nothing to worry about as its a generic email gone out due to system error. He also advised me that as I am applying for ILR and already submitted my biometrics during my extension therefore no need for new biometrics etc.

I was rest assured that all is gone well but today I received an email titled:
"
Biometric Enrolment Reminder

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Unfortunately the identification information you provided through the IDV app is insufficient."

I am now very confused as what to do . All appointments on UKVCAS are paid so do I need to start all over again and pay for appointment to submit my biometrics again?

Please can someone help me ?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:58 pm

Can you use the IDV app again? You might book an appointment just in case, try to contact UKVI to see if they can help you, and cancel it last minute if it gets resolved before the 24.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:43 pm

I have booked biometric appointment just to be on a safe side. None of the free appointments are available therefore I have no chance to avoid risk.
I will see how it goes.
I have contacted UKVI who advised they cannot advise what to do specifically but asked me to drop UKVI an email back which I have already done.

At this stage its not safe to avoid emails from UKVI as email for biometrics request seems genuine.

Any other advise please share.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am

After you attend your biometrics appointment I would try to get confirmation in writing from UKVCAS that they submitted your data to UKVI.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.