ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring my niece as my career from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Bring my niece as my career from Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:21 pm

Hi all,
My Aunty is 75 years old, British national, lives on her own in London(own home)and quite financially strong. She suffers from physical health condition and had mobility issues. She wants to bring her niece from Pakistan as her full time carer. She has enough finances to support herself and the niece.
Please can someone advise me on how can she do that.
She has asked her GP, who also told her that she needs full time carer, plus GP is writing her a supporting lettet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bring my niece as my career from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:28 pm

There is no visa for the circumstance you state. Your aunt cannot sponsor a carer.

A health and care visa has very specific requirements and doesn't mean she would get to work for your aunt.

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

If she is financial strong, she can likely afford to pay for the care by uk providers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:54 am

I doubt that GPs get involved in trying to bring older, adult family members to the UK.

Perhaps the GP letter was intended as support for an Attendance Allowance welfare benefit claim? Which if your aunt gets, means that somebody can then claim Carers Allowance for looking after her(if that carer is allowed to take Public Funds AND meets the other requirerments for Carer's Allowance). Or your elderly aunt can use the welfare benefit money (as well as money from her own pensions and investments) to pay carers, which many seem to prefer to do as that gives them more say on who they have.

However as many elderly get mobilty problems, Attendance Allowance is not for mobilty issues because it is expected that we get some mobilty issues.

https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

Your sister/cousin, will need to find her own visa to the UK

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:30 am

JB007 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:54 am
Or your elderly aunt can use the welfare benefit money (as well as money from her own pensions and investments) to pay carers, which many seem to prefer to do as that gives them more say on who they have.
I should have added that they pay their carers by the hour. And those carers must have been granted the right to work in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:19 pm

Unfortunately, Explanatory memorandum to the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 1019
76. While home carers are included in the same occupation code, these changes are not designed to enable home carers to be sponsored as Skilled Workers, unless they are working for an organisation which is able to meet the sponsorship requirements. Private households or individuals (other than sole traders sponsoring someone to work for their business) cannot sponsor Skilled Workers
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.