ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship approval received but papers not sent to Council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avipul
India

Citizenship approval received but papers not sent to Council

Post by avipul » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:30 pm

I received Home Office Approval and citizenship ceremony invitation email on 8th August 2022 for myself and all family members. It's a straightforward case of 5 years + 1 ye ILR.

However since then I've been calling my council (Croydon) but apparently no papers have been received by them from HO for that date. It seems there is a particular problem with all approval emails received on and around 8th Aug and many others approved after that have received the papers and booked ceremonies.

Chasing the Council hasn't helped with their simple reply being- 'we're chasing HO but can't say how long it'll take'.

My 2 emails to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk haven't been answered. I'm getting a bit jittery now especially because I have an India trip planned over the Christmas holidays and I'm not sure what will be my situation then.

Anybody in similar situation or got any clue how long this could take?

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship approval received but papers not sent to Council

Post by Brazos » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 pm

It can take around 4 weeks from the moment HO decides to grant the citizenship application to receiving the certificate by the council. And in some cases they delay intimation email to coincide with the delivery of the certificate to the council. So hopefully soon.