ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay in Ireland whilst Irish spouse works overseas for 3-6 months?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irishspouse
Newly Registered
South Africa

Stay in Ireland whilst Irish spouse works overseas for 3-6 months?

Post by Irishspouse » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:52 pm

Hello,
I am in Ireland on a stamp 4 due to my Irish spouse. I've looked extensively online but I can't find out any information about my situation. My Irish spouse has been offered a short term work placement in Canada for 3-6 months. He will be coming back to Ireland after he finishes the short contract.

I am just wondering if I am allowed to stay in Ireland on my stamp 4 whilst he does his short contract?

Thanks in advance

joker
Ireland

Re: Stay in Ireland whilst Irish spouse works overseas for 3-6 months?

Post by joker » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:26 am

Your visa depends on your partners presence in the state

Irishspouse
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Irishspouse » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply,
I guess i'll have to get a visitor visa (which is going to be a pain) if he decides to go. Do I need to tell GNIB that'll well be leaving for that time? We'll be keeping our rented appt, paying electric bills etc in the meantime so we kind of will be resident?

Appreciate the input

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:57 am

Up to 6 weeks of being away won't affect your resident calculator. More than 6 weeks, you will lose whole absence time from your residency. Same applies for continous residency also.

As Stamp 4 holder, if you are away longer than 3 months, you have to tell INIS about your situation in any case. Better be safe than sorry.