ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension English Language requirements?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunderland2011
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension English Language requirements?

Post by sunderland2011 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife passed the English Language test for her first spouse visa at CEFR B2 level, and her renewal is due next month. As per the below guidance on gov.uk, am I right in saying that she can use her previous pass certificate and does not need to undergo another English test, please?

Many thanks.

Applying to extend your visa after 2.5 years
You may have to pass a higher CEFR level if you want to stay in the UK after 2.5 years. What you need to do depends on what CEFR level you passed for your first visa.

If you passed:

level A1, you’ll need to pass at least level A2 in speaking and listening
level A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2, you can use the test result again for your application as long as your test certificate has not been withdrawn by the test provider

vinny

Re: Spouse visa extension English Language requirements?

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:36 am

Yes. She may use it under 32D.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunderland2011
Newly Registered

Post by sunderland2011 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:01 pm

Many thanks. Could you signpost me to threads on this boards when this has actually been used please? It's just that I see a lot of posts on spouse visa renewal on here and it is always highlighted that an English language test is a requirement. There seems to be silence regarding the fact that if a spouse has passed at B2 and above, they don't need to pay for and undergo another English test for renewal of a spouse visa.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:10 pm

sunderland2011 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:01 pm
Many thanks. Could you signpost me to threads on this boards when this has actually been used please? It's just that I see a lot of posts on spouse visa renewal on here and it is always highlighted that an English language test is a requirement. There seems to be silence regarding the fact that if a spouse has passed at B2 and above, they don't need to pay for and undergo another English test for renewal of a spouse visa.
Click on 32D as Vinny posted, it will answer your question.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.