ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR decision waiting (5 years T1 entrepreneur)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

ILR decision waiting (5 years T1 entrepreneur)

Post by Altaan » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:00 am

Dear Everybody
I hope this post finds you well. I appreciate you advice and help. I have applied through a solicitor for ILR after 5 years T1 entrepreneur. I have submitted my application on the 22nd April 2022, biometrics done on the 30th April. I am still waiting the decision. My solicitor said that the acknowledgement letter for the application didn't mention any time, which means the processing time is open. Is this true?
My main question, i have important business trip in Nov, do you think i can submit a complaint for the delay or pre-action letter to push the HO to make the decision?
Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR decision waiting (5 years T1 entrepreneur)

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:39 pm

ILR timeframe for standard processing is between 8 weeks to 6 months. Complex applications may take longer. You must not arrange business trips until you get your ILR. Why are you paying for an expensive solicitor who did not communicate these with you ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:39 pm
ILR timeframe for standard processing is between 8 weeks to 6 months. Complex applications may take longer. You must not arrange business trips until you get your ILR. Why are you paying for an expensive solicitor who did not communicate these with you ?
thank you for your reply Zimba. The solicitor told me it might take up to six months. My question is if they didn't mention the time in the application acknowledgement, can i do a pre-action letter now to push the Home office to do the decision asap?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:20 pm

No you cannot demand your application to be expedited, particularly when the processing is within the timeframe. Judicial review is not some random attempt at getting what you want. It is about taking the home office to court for doing something unlawful. If your solicitor is suggesting PAP, he is trying to empty your pocket
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm

Hello everybody
I am still waiting for a decision on my application. application date 22 April. I made a complaint to the HO on the 22nd October with no answer.
My local MP contacted them and they said they are close to make a decision but they didn't mentioned time. I did PAP on the 1st Dec and they declined it today based on i didn't submit an evidence for the reasons i put in the PAP.
I am still following with the MP in regards to my application but still no reply.
What is your advice? Do you think i can go to the court?

Thank you for your help.

Wesam
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Wesam » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:02 pm

Dear Altaan,

Any update as i am in the same situation, from July, but i didnot take any action yet

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:49 am

Altaan wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:00 am
the processing time is open. Is this true?
True. They used to say that we could expect their decision within 6 months but it wasn't really a set time frame and I can no longer find it anywhere. Sadly, we can't travel while waiting for the decision, I had to cancel several trips.

I was in a similar situation - see my time frame in a separate topic. I complained and there were two MP requests which have never been answered but I finally got my decision, it took almost nine months.

Good luck to both of you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:08 am

Altaan wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm
Hello everybody
I am still waiting for a decision on my application. application date 22 April. I made a complaint to the HO on the 22nd October with no answer.
My local MP contacted them and they said they are close to make a decision but they didn't mentioned time. I did PAP on the 1st Dec and they declined it today based on i didn't submit an evidence for the reasons i put in the PAP.
I am still following with the MP in regards to my application but still no reply.

Thank you for your help.
There is no legal basis for your PAP and this will not end up in court. Do not waste your money and simply be a bit more patient. There are sign of long delays in application processing.You may get a response within 8 to 9 months mark.

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:49 pm

Wesam wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:02 pm
Dear Altaan,

Any update as i am in the same situation, from July, but i didnot take any action yet
Nothing unfortunately .. I gave up. My wife lost her study due to this delay and i have big impact on my business. I have a contract with a client cancelled.
I hope we get a reply soon

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:51 pm

ekbe01 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:49 am
Altaan wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:00 am
the processing time is open. Is this true?
True. They used to say that we could expect their decision within 6 months but it wasn't really a set time frame and I can no longer find it anywhere. Sadly, we can't travel while waiting for the decision, I had to cancel several trips.

I was in a similar situation - see my time frame in a separate topic. I complained and there were two MP requests which have never been answered but I finally got my decision, it took almost nine months.

Good luck to both of you.
It is still written in the ILR page that the processing time is 6 months. The MP gave me very good response in the first time in Nov. She said the HO told her that they are very close to make a decision and i should hear from them soon.. But nothing till now..
very frustrating
thank you for your support

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:52 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:08 am
Altaan wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm
Hello everybody

Thank you for your help.
There is no legal basis for your PAP and this will not end up in court. Do not waste your money and simply be a bit more patient. There are sign of long delays in application processing.You may get a response within 8 to 9 months mark.
Thank you Zimba for your reply and help

Altaan
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Altaan » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:02 pm

Just an update, i got the decision on Thursday
Thanks everybody for their help.