ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradbis
Newly Registered

Referees for naturalisation application

Post by pradbis » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:04 pm

Hello all, my wife and children have submitted an online application for naturalisation as UK citizens (I am already a UK citizen by naturalisation 3 years ago). My question is regarding referees. In the application, we mentioned 2 UK citizens as referees but when preparing the documents to submit documentation, we saw that there are additional requirements for referees (pasted below).
My questions are:
- Does this mean I have to withdraw the online application and change the referee details?
- If so, how can I withdraw the online naturalisation application?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[i][b]Referee requirements[/b]
- Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, e.g minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.[/i]

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Referees for naturalisation application

Post by Ticktack » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:10 pm

pradbis wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:04 pm
Hello all, my wife and children have submitted an online application for naturalisation as UK citizens (I am already a UK citizen by naturalisation 3 years ago). My question is regarding referees. In the application, we mentioned 2 UK citizens as referees but when preparing the documents to submit documentation, we saw that there are additional requirements for referees (pasted below).
My questions are:
- Does this mean I have to withdraw the online application and change the referee details?
- If so, how can I withdraw the online naturalisation application?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Referee requirements
- Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, e.g minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
Referee requirement hasn't changed in those 3 years you naturalised. How did you miss that?

Attach a cover letter with the professional referee details and get them to fill the form.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!