ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application for MN1 British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taddo12

Passport application for MN1 British Citizen

Post by taddo12 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:28 pm

I am a British citizen by descent, my wife is Japanese currently living with me in the UK on a spouse visa (not yet ILR). Our daughter was born in Japan and so I had to apply for her British citizenship via MN1.

Both my daughter and her mother returned to the UK on 1/8/22, my daughter entered the UK on a temporary visitor visa as my wife explained that her British citizenship application had already been made and documents sent. On 2/8/22 my daughter's British citizenship application was granted and we're now in possession of her certificate of British registration.

My understanding is that although my daughter entered UK on a visitor visa, she has since been registered British and entitled to remain in UK, but I just want to confirm I'm correct in this assumption. We are now making her passport application and from what I can see the document requirements are minimal (passport and proof of citizenship is all they're asking us to send).

Furthermore, is there any guidance on ILR applications and absence from UK? My wife was in Japan for 6 months in 2022 and will be applying for ILR in Nov 2023. She will not spend any extended time outside of UK until then.

Thanks for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport application for MN1 British Citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:26 pm

If your daughter is British now, she's British still, the certificate proves the fact, and immigration regulations are no longer applicable! So for British passport daughter's registration certificate and her foreign passport are sufficient.

Not familiar with the ILR process so hopefully another member will point you in the right direction.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

taddo12

Post by taddo12 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:26 pm
If your daughter is British now, she's British still, the certificate proves the fact, and immigration regulations are no longer applicable! So for British passport daughter's registration certificate and her foreign passport are sufficient.

Not familiar with the ILR process so hopefully another member will point you in the right direction.
Thank for this, I've gotten into trouble so many times making assumptions along the way so wanted to be certain.

If anyone else has advice regarding ILR much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:43 pm

Please post your ILR questions in the LR sub forum, link below. These questions are not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/

You were also already advised about absence in 2021 when you asked

immigration-for-family-members/180-day- ... l#p2028110
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.