ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Documents. Help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gphipps94
Newly Registered

ILR Application

Post by gphipps94 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 pm

Hello,

Need some help!

If my current FLR BRP expires on 02 October. What’s the latest I can apply for my ILR?

I’m on the 5 year partner route as married to a British citizen in the U.K. We are supposed to travel to America and return on 01st October, a day before visa is set to expire.

Hoping I can just finalise my application when I’m back in the U.K on 01st? English test and everything else is ready to go.

Thank you!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:28 am

gphipps94 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 pm
Hello,

Need some help!

If my current FLR BRP expires on 02 October. What’s the latest I can apply for my ILR?

I’m on the 5 year partner route as married to a British citizen in the U.K. We are supposed to travel to America and return on 01st October, a day before visa is set to expire.

Hoping I can just finalise my application when I’m back in the U.K on 01st? English test and everything else is ready to go.

Thank you!
That's cutting it very (extremely) close. Maybe I'm a bit of an old school person, but I always think of the "what ifs". Like flight cancellations or some madness.

Latest you can apply would be the day of expiration 02 October!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

gphipps94
Newly Registered

Post by gphipps94 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:40 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:28 am
gphipps94 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 pm
Hello,

Need some help!

Thank you!
That's cutting it very (extremely) close. Maybe I'm a bit of an old school person, but I always think of the "what ifs". Like flight cancellations or some madness.

Latest you can apply would be the day of expiration 02 October!
Thanks!

Yeah I know. It snuck up on us and didn’t realise it fell over our time away 😖

Could I technically apply online whilst we are in the US?

Like what does ‘applied’ actually look like? Online submission, or after you’ve actually had an appointment etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:47 am

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online, which can be done up to the date of visa expiry. The biometric enrollment appointment is irrelevant in this regards and can be after visa expiry.

You should apply in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:59 am

Thanks!

Yeah I know. It snuck up on us and didn’t realise it fell over our time away 😖

Could I technically apply online whilst we are in the US?

Like what does ‘applied’ actually look like? Online submission, or after you’ve actually had an appointment etc.
Further to what CR001 has said, you can only make the application in country (UK). But you can start filling the form whilst you're out there, just to make your life easier.

Immediately you get back, you can submit and pay.

Just a suggestion based on the close timeline.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

gphipps94
Newly Registered

Post by gphipps94 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:36 am

Appreciate both of you for the advice!

Thank you :D

gphipps94
Newly Registered

ILR - Documents. Help!

Post by gphipps94 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 am

Hello,

I am gathering documents for my wife's ILR/SETM visa.

We made a mistake and ticked that I was a director of the company I am employed by. The doc checklist asks for 'evidence as directed by appendix FM-SE for a director or non-exec director of a limited company based in the UK'.

Any advice on what I should do? Would a cover letter to explain that it was a mistake that we ticked the box be sufficient?

Thanks for any help on this!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Documents. Help!

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:48 am

The application is subject to the requirements under the immigration rules, not the answers on the form. So if you are not a director, then provide a cover letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice