ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leave to enter or remain?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lid92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

leave to enter or remain?

Post by Lid92 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:35 am

Hi, I hope you are all well.

I got my spouse visa 2 and a half years ago and should extend it next month. My BPR says: time of permit:‘leave to enter’.

Is that mean I now have ‘leave to enter’ or ‘leave to remain’?
Or I have ‘leave to enter’ and I should apply for ‘Leave to remain’?
What visa do I have now?

Also, does anybody know how long it takes to get an answer if I apply with no priority service?

I would appreciate if someone could explain me this 🙏🏻 Thanks!!!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: leave to enter or remain?

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:04 am

Lid92 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:35 am

I got my spouse visa 2 and a half years ago and should extend it next month. My BPR says: time of permit:‘leave to enter’.

Or I have ‘leave to enter’ and I should apply for ‘Leave to remain’?
What visa do I have now?

Also, does anybody know how long it takes to get an answer if I apply with no priority service? It could take up to 6 months.

So you obviously applied from outside the UK. Your visa allows you to enter (leave to enter). If you had a fiancée visa and applied whilst in the UK for your 1st spouse visa, it would be leave to remain (cause you're already here).
Further application, which has to be done inside the UK is further leave to remain.

On a side note. Same thing/rules applies to Indefinite leave to remain and indefinite leave to enter. It just denotes where it was received or applied from.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Lid92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lid92 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:14 am

Thank you for your reply.

As you assumed, I applied outside the UK and moved here. Not as a fiancé, but as married. Since then I haven’t applied to any other visas. I’m here since the I got my leave to enter.

Now I need to renew.

So if I got it correctly. I have now leave to enter and need to apply to leave to remain? Am I correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:17 am

So if I got it correctly. I have now leave to enter and need to apply to leave to remain? Am I correct?
Yes. You apply using form FLR(M) for another 2.5 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:31 am

Lid92 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:35 am

Or I have ‘leave to enter’ and I should apply for ‘Leave to remain’? You got leave to enter, you will be applying for further leave to remain.
What visa do I have now?

Also, does anybody know how long it takes to get an answer if I apply with no priority service?
Priority application supposed be after t working days and super priority after 1 day