ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU nationality but EU Resident card to enter UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

negmas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Non EU nationality but EU Resident card to enter UK

Post by negmas » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 am

I'm British and Iranian citizen (dual nationality) and I'm hoping for my parents to visit me in UK in Xmas time. They both currently live in Spain and hold EU 2 years resident card but with only have Iranian passport, how can they visit me? what type of visa can they apply for and would it get accepted as I know its not easy for Iranian to enter UK.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Non EU nationality but EU Resident card to enter UK

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am

negmas wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 am
I'm British and Iranian citizen (dual nationality) and I'm hoping for my parents to visit me in UK in Xmas time. They both currently live in Spain and hold EU 2 years resident card but with only have Iranian passport, how can they visit me? what type of visa can they apply for and would it get accepted as I know its not easy for Iranian to enter UK.
UK visitors visa, it's virtually the same as a UK family visitors visa. No other way in am afraid.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

negmas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by negmas » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:59 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am
negmas wrote:
UK visitors visa, it's virtually the same as a UK family visitors visa. No other way in am afraid.
Thanks for the respond. I have few more questions which Im hoping you could help:
- do you think they need to still show evidence of return back to Spain even with Spanish EU ID card?
- I would like to sponsor them here and stay with me but my house its only 1 bedroom, do you that would cause refusal?
- also do I need to get solicitor stamp on the invitation letter to make it official?

Thank you so much

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm

A resident card issued under EU regulations does not give any privileges for entering the UK, as no longer a member state.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:00 pm

they do need to show the reason and ties for them to return to Spain, if they reside there: residency card is something that allows them to do so, but ties to the country is something that gives them compelling reason to go back, eg a house bought under their name, if that's what you're asking
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:17 pm

negmas wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:59 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am
negmas wrote:
Thanks for the respond. I have few more questions which Im hoping you could help:
- do you think they need to still show evidence of return back to Spain even with Spanish EU ID card?
- I would like to sponsor them here and stay with me but my house its only 1 bedroom, do you that would cause refusal? Nope, it's fine
- also do I need to get solicitor stamp on the invitation letter to make it official? Not required.

Thank you so much
Spain would be treated as their home, as they are legally resident there.
They need to show the usual docs to prove that they would be going back to Spain. Bank statements, payslips, residence card, utility bills et al.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:40 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:00 pm
they do need to show the reason and ties for them to return to Spain, if they reside there: residency card is something that allows them to do so, but ties to the country is something that gives them compelling reason to go back, eg a house bought under their name, if that's what you're asking
Agree with the above.

They need to show not only that they have the ability to return to Spain (the EU Residence Card), but also that they have strong links to Spain that will require them to return to Spain at the end of their visit in the UK and that they will not overstay. So, ideally jobs or other time commitments to return to or other family members that they reside with, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.