ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC tax history not available, impact on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YuvaanG
Newly Registered
India

HMRC tax history not available, impact on ILR

Post by YuvaanG » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in Jan, 2018 on Tier 2 visa. First year (since I just moved) my tax advisor advised me to file self assessment tax, further I inform HMRC and they sent me a mail that I dont need to file self assessment tax.

In general my company was deducting tax through PAYE. I have all the salary slip and P60s from my company indicating the same.

Now when I talked to HMRC, they informed me that they don't have any tax history of my employment. Not sure what is the reason. One time one HMRC advisor told that me that I have two HMRC account and raised a request to merge them. But its been year back and all the time I call they give me a new date.

I sent post to HMRC office, with all my P60s, but I heard it will take time before they review and update.

Now my ILR date is coming at Nov end and I am worried, if that will impact my application. As even though I will put all P60s etc, home office might not find any tax record at HMRC and may refuse.

Please suggest.

regards
Sachin

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HMRC tax history not available, impact on ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Why did you post the same query you asked back in May ???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/hmrc-tax-his ... 32598.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice