ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa - "all documents must be in English"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Palestine

Visitors Visa - "all documents must be in English"

Post by tareqhas » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:32 am

Hi,

I am a British National applying for a visitor's visa on behalf of my Jordanian mother to her visit me in London. I am covering all of her travel expenses and the document checklist is as below:

-Mandatory Documents - The Passport or travel document for the applicant

-Other Documents are listed here:

I am providing the following documents in response to this:

1. Mother's Passport (Arabic & English)
2. Mother's Residence Permit in Greece where she lives (Greek & English)
3. My (Son's) Birth Certificate (Greek)
4. Photos of myself with my mother
5. Mother's Greek Bank Statement (Greek)
6. My UK Bank Statement (English)
7. Letter of Invitation (English)
8. My Proof of Address (English)
9. My Greek Bank Statement (Greek)
10. My UK Passport (English)

The document checklist states that "all documents must be in English". The two greek bank statements are lengthy and would be very costly to translate. Can I get away by translating only the birth certificate and the title page in each of those two statements?

It seems like I am providing enough evidence to support my claim that I will be covering the expenses of the travel. Do I need to translate the Greek-only documents listed under "Other Documents"?

Thanks,

T

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitors Visa - "all documents must be in English"

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:08 pm

tareqhas wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:32 am
Hi,

I am a British National applying for a visitor's visa on behalf of my Jordanian mother to her visit me in London. I am covering all of her travel expenses and the document checklist is as below:

-Mandatory Documents - The Passport or travel document for the applicant

I am providing the following documents in response to this:

1. Mother's Passport (Arabic & English)Passports don't need to be translated
2. Mother's Residence Permit in Greece where she lives (Greek & English) Ok
3. My (Son's) Birth Certificate (Greek) Not required, but OK
4. Photos of myself with my mother Not required
5. Mother's Greek Bank Statement (Greek) OK, 6 months statement
6. My UK Bank Statement (English)OK, 6 months statement
7. Letter of Invitation (English)OK
8. My Proof of Address (English) OK
9. My Greek Bank Statement (Greek) OK
10. My UK Passport (English) OK

The document checklist states that "all documents must be in English". The two greek bank statements are lengthy and would be very costly to translate. Can I get away by translating only the birth certificate and the title page in each of those two statements? Greece uses the Euro. Everyone understands the Euros! If you translate the bank account, you invalidate the authenticity, so leave it as it is.
Translate Birth certificate and also add copy of original.

It seems like I am providing enough evidence to support my claim that I will be covering the expenses of the travel. Do I need to translate the Greek-only documents listed under "Other Documents"? What other Greek docs?

Thanks,

T
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by tareqhas » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 am

Thank you for answering.

I am just re-interating the question - the "other documents" are the ones listed in the screenshot and my list.

You pointed out that the birth certificate is not needed but ok and photos are not required, what would then be the legal way to demonstrate the evidence of the relationship between my mother and myself?

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by tareqhas » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:40 am

Also please explain why translating the bank statement would invalidate it.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:32 pm

tareqhas wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:32 am

I will list what I did in this section for my mother's application, which was approved. Perhaps it can help with the application of yours.

1. Evidence of funds: that's money accessible to her in the country where she resides, i.e. bank statements. Obviously the figures will be shown in the local currency. In my case I didn't translate those to English.

2. Evidence of support you will receive: here I uploaded my bank statements and employment letter as proof of financial support, and tenancy agreement as a proof of accommodation support.

3. Evidence of the relationship: I included here a letter explaining my relationship with my mother, we have the same last name, etc. I didn't include my birth certificate or any other proof of relationship.

4. Evidence that the sponsor is not breaching UK immigration laws: your BRP/British passport. I included a scanned copy of my BRP showing relevant dates.

5. Evidence of the applicant's right of residence in the country from which the application is made: as she is not a Greek national, in this case you need to upload her residence permit or any other official document showing her legal status, as well as relevant dates (validity).

6. Invitation: I uploaded an invitation letter, summarising all the above items: relationship, where she will stay, how I will support her, etc.

In addition to the above, I also uploaded car and house documents on her name, as proof of ties to the country, which I didn't translate to English. As a reference, all these documents I didn't translate were in Spanish.

I am not saying that the same will work for everyone. I believe these applications also strongly depends on the caseworker reviewing your case.

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by tareqhas » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:47 pm

Visa was issued successfully. For the record here are the documents I have provided:

1. Applicant's Passport - Proof of Identity
2. Applicant's Bank Statement in Greek (not translated) - Evidence of Funds
3. My own bank statement (natively english no need for translation) - Evidence of support from sponsor
4. My own birth certificate translated to english - Evidence of relationship between sponsor and applicant
5. Applicant's residence permit in country of residence (Greece) - Evidence of residence not included in passport
6. Invitation letter - Invitation from your UK based family
7. My proof of employment - Other documents
8. HM Land Registry demonstrating property ownership - Other documents, Evidence of accommodation

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Nice one, congratulations!