ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents arriving to UK first time.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AyeshD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parents arriving to UK first time.

Post by AyeshD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:58 am

Hi,

My parents visit visa got approved and they are travelling next month. As they both are non english speakers and elderly, do they need to carry any documents with them for border control ?
What kind of questions are asked ?
They would have their return ticket and a letter from me explaining that they don't speak english, their return date and where they would be staying in UK.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Parents arriving to UK first time.

Post by manci » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:37 am

AyeshD wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:58 am
They would have their return ticket and a letter from me explaining that they don't speak english, their return date and where they would be staying in UK.
This should be sufficient. Include in the letter your phone No in case the BFO wants to speak with you.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:50 pm

That letter should work. Also being elderly passengers, it is very helpful if you can book travel assistance.

Depending on the airline sometimes this service is free of charge. So staff at the airport can help them going through passport control, baggage claim, etc.

AyeshD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AyeshD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Thank you. I have booked meet and assist to make it easy for them. Do they need to show proof of funds again ? I will be writting in the letter that I am sponsoring them and would look after all the expenses in UK.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:50 pm

AyeshD wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:25 pm
Thank you. I have booked meet and assist to make it easy for them. Do they need to show proof of funds again ? I will be writting in the letter that I am sponsoring them and would look after all the expenses in UK.
Proof of funds are no longer required. However, they might be asked how much money they have on them and if they have access to funds if and when required.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!