ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment for Child after IDV verification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Biometric appointment for Child after IDV verification

Post by lotus1234 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:49 am

Hi,

I have applied for naturalisation and added my child as a co applicant and the IDV verification done last month. Now I received an email for my child from Home Office saying the Biometric appointment is not attended yet and need to do it within the 45 days of submitting the application.

Anyone faced similar issue here and what should I do as next steps? I have seen one more post with similar situation but no one replied to that as well. Any help is appreciated.

The message from Home office is below
Following your recent application for Nationality you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enrol your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).

As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 45 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.

Next Steps
As part of your online application, you were informed that you have to enrol your biometrics within a specified time frame. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

Your application may be rejected as invalid if you do not provide your biometric information.
This will apply even if you have provided all the other relevant information, documentation and payment required to validate your application.

What happens if I cannot enrol my biometric information?
If there are exceptional circumstances as to why you are unable to enrol your biometric information within the specified time frame you must call the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 xxx xxxx and explain why you are unable to attend. Please be aware that we may request more information and evidence about why you are unable to enrol your biometric features.

bluedove

Re: Biometric appointment for Child after IDV verification

Post by bluedove » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:26 pm

I wonder what have you done with this as I am in a similar situation. I received email to say "Reminder to enrol your Biometric information" but I have already submitted all documents including photo etc via IDV. please advise

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Many people have been experiencing this recently. You can ask UKVCAS for confirmation they received biometrics and passed them along to the Home Office.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:36 pm

I have contacted UKVCAS on 22nd July and they said they have successfully submitted the verification through IDV app and they don't know why UKVI sent such an email and asked me to contact them. I then contacted UKVI and got informed that I can ignore this email as it was sent by mistake and many people face similar situation.

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:38 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm
Many people have been experiencing this recently. You can ask UKVCAS for confirmation they received biometrics and passed them along to the Home Office.
Yes I did ask and UKVCAS confirmed they have passed the biometrics to Home Office.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:44 pm

Then you have done everything you could you can ignore that email.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Is this matter solved? I did receive the same email but don’t know what to do. Please advise. Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:21 pm

Did you get confirmation from UKVCAS/UKVI that they correctly received and processed the biometrics?

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:36 am

I was invited to use IDV app. After I submitted using IDV, I’ve got email from ukvcas stating that :

“We are delighted to confirm that the supporting information for your visa application has been submitted to UKVI.
All updates about your application will come from UKVI directly and NOT from UKVCAS. You can find details about UKVI’s timescales for processing your application here

UKVI will be in touch directly if they need any additional information from you and to let you know their decision about your application”

So why would they send this notification?

Mukesh

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:09 am

It's a mistake that has been happening to many other people. If you want reassurance do what OP has done, get in touch with UKVI, and after they confirm everything's OK just ignore the emails.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm

I spoke to ukvi line and they said nothing to panic. it was probably generated automatically due to children were part of the application. She also advised me to double check with UKVCAS if they have submitted my biometrics.

Also I’ve got below from furthernationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

“Thank you for contacting, we apologies for any confusion which may have caused. We will contact you again if we are unable to re-use your previous biometric data and require you to book an appointment through ukvcas.”

So I guess I don’t need to do anything with this ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:31 pm

Exactly. They said not to panic, everything is OK. it's a mistake on their part.

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Good news, received the Citizenship certificate letter from UKVI for my child today. It was quite surprising that I didn't get any email update regarding the decision. Still waiting for the update on my application.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Congratulations on your child receiving the registration certificate!

For the benefit of other community members, may we please request you to please share your "application to certificate received" events & dates (either here, or preferably in the MN1 timeline thread since your situation also involves a child registration application)?

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:05 am

Application Timeline (1 Parent + 1 Child)
Eligibility criteria: T2 5 yr + 1yr ILR
Nationality: Non-EU
Method of application: Online
Date of application: 27 May 2022
Date of debit of fees: 27 May 2022
UKVI IDV APP invitation: 31 May 2022
Submission of Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 21 Jun 2022
Biometric reminder for child : 21 July 2022 (Told to ignore by UKVI and UKVCAS as this is sent by error)

Child's Status
Date of receipt of approval: NA
Received Child's Citizenship certificate by post : 14 Sep 2022
Date of Ceremony: NA

Parent's Status
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: NA