ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enhanced maternity pay impact on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emceez
Newly Registered

Enhanced maternity pay impact on ILR application

Post by emceez » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:52 am

Hi,

My wife is in her maternity leave and her company is paying her full salary during maternity. My understanding is that there is a rule for the company to give her a minimum pay (SMP) but there is no restriction for the company if they want to give her full pay and is called Enhanced maternity pay.

I wanted to understand if this will impact the ILR application in any way and would it be less of a hassle if the ILR application is made once she's back to work after maternity leave.

Regards,
Manish

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Enhanced maternity pay impact on ILR application

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Maternity leave or pay as per law has no negative effect on the ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:59 am

emceez wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:52 am
Hi,

My wife is in her maternity leave and her company is paying her full salary during maternity. My understanding is that there is a rule for the company to give her a minimum pay (SMP) but there is no restriction for the company if they want to give her full pay and is called Enhanced maternity pay.

I wanted to understand if this will impact the ILR application in any way and would it be less of a hassle if the ILR application is made once she's back to work after maternity leave.

Regards,
Manish
If the minimum is SMP and the company decides to pay her above the SMP, would not think the enhanced payment will negatively impact application.

emceez
Newly Registered

Post by emceez » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:14 pm

Ok, thank you both :)

We will go ahead with the application and update here.