ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN for Bus Lane Dirving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Consent forms

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 am

Apology if this topic has been discussed earlier.

I have submitted naturalisation application yesterday for self (as main applicant), my wife and our 16 year old daughter (MN1).

If I understand it correctly, there are 2 types of consent forms we need to submit?

1. General data consent forms (having 3 parts)
Question: does each one of us has to submit a separate data consent form?
E.g. I will sign part 1, and that's it for me (as I don't think I am submitting any documents which are in joint names with wife or anyone else).
Similarly, my wife also signs another one, just part 1 and that's it for her?
Does my daughter also need to sing one?
Also, if my daughter has to sign a separate consent form (part 1), do we (my wife and I) have to sign part 3 of daughter's form as she is financially dependent on us?

2. My wife and I also need to submit family consent form for my daughter (both of us having parental responsibilities) - as we are registering her at the same time when we both are applying for naturalisation?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Consent forms

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:29 am

Just a correct in my last post:

I am providing our marriage certificate - as asked in list of documents - child's parents' marriage certificate

Also, I am providing my child's birth certificate - showing my wife and me having parental responsibilities...

So, yes there are 2 documents, in both our names, my wife's and mine...

Does part 2 also need to be singed - on my consent form by my wife, on wife's consent form by me, and on child's consent form, by both of us - my wife and me?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: PCN for Bus Lane Dirving

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:25 pm

To be honest I'm still baffled by these consent forms (in the old days I just signed at the bottom of the paper form authorising them to look at everything they wish).
Why not just submit three sets of parts 1 & 2. If they don't need them all they won't use them. Part 3 sponsors/financials is not required as for citizenship this is not relevant.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Nation insurance number for my child

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:58 am

Hi

I have submitted online application on 8th September to register my daughter as British citizen.

While filling in the form for her, I select ‘I don’t have national insurance number’

And, today I have received her national insurance number in post.

What should I do for this situation so that it does not turn out to be like hiding information front the Home Office?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:47 am

If you can still upload documents, include a scan of the card(?) and/or letter, though for children that isn't really an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

NI Number for daughter

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:40 pm

Thanks alterhase58

Do you think I can write this in a cover letter - do they consider cover letter?

I just hope it does not sound like deception?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Nation insurance number for my child

Post by Ticktack » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:15 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:58 am
Hi

I have submitted online application on 8th September to register my daughter as British citizen.

While filling in the form for her, I select ‘I don’t have national insurance number’

And, today I have received her national insurance number in post.

What should I do for this situation so that it does not turn out to be like hiding information front the Home Office?
You don't have to do anything. You're completely overthinking it.
At the time you filled and submitted the form, she truly didn't have an NI number.

Don't stress yourself as it wasn't a lie or an error.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

NI Number for daughter

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Thanks Ticktack

Just that this letter with NINO is date 6th September but received only today in post, and citizenship registration application was submitted on the 8th September.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NI Number for daughter

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:32 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:40 pm
Thanks alterhase58

Do you think I can write this in a cover letter - do they consider cover letter?

I just hope it does not sound like deception?
It's an application by a child! Don't worry - you can explain - additional notes are considered. As said, please don't overthink this.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

NI Number for daughter

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:42 pm

Yeah :-)

Thanks for your support...truly appreciate it...

And, anyway, the form has been submitted and nothing can be done. The best I can do is provide a cover letter along with other supporting document when invited to use the IDV app...

I have another query: when we use the same documents for different purposes, e.g. passport for identity as well as for 5 year residence, or child's birth certificate as 'birth certificate' as well as for parental responsibilities, should we create multiple copies of the same document, name it according to purpose it is provided as evidence for and upload these multiple copies under sections each copy is intended for?

Meanwhile, I am using my daughter's birth certificate as parental responsibilities for my wife and myself. Is this the right document for parental responsibilities?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:46 pm

If it's the full length birth certificate showing parents' details that's fine.
I don't think you need to duplicate documents even if there are multiple requirements.
Caseworkers know the rules and know what they are looking for/at.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Birth certificate for parental responsibilities

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:54 pm

Daughter's birth certificate shows her name, dob, where she was born, birth registration number, both our names, my wife's and mine...

Is this good for parental responsibility?

We are also providing our marriage document...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Yes that's it.
For child's application marriage proof is not required (unless is was requested?).

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Birth certificate for parental responsibilities

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:08 pm

Yes, they have requested for daughter's parents' marriage certificate...

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Referees documents

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:10 am

Hi

I submitted online application for naturalisation on 8th September. I am waiting to upload documents. I already have referees documents signed and dated, some of these going back to 1st September. Is this (dated 1st September) fine for an application submitted on 8th September? Or, I should get it done afresh?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:17 am

That will be ok, it's only a week's difference.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Declaration forms

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:22 am

Hi

I am at the final stage of uploading and submitting documents online on UKVCAS website.

Few queries:

Is there any declaration we need to sign (besides referees declarations)?

There is a section Proof of Application: I will upload application itself along with document checklist for the lead applicant (and not for other family members - who have applied for naturalisation together with the lead alplicant)
Is there any other document I should add in this section?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Declaration forms

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:35 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:22 am
Hi

I am at the final stage of uploading and submitting documents online on UKVCAS website.

Few queries:

Is there any declaration we need to sign (besides referees declarations)? There are data consent forms to be signed.

There is a section Proof of Application: I will upload application itself along with document checklist for the lead applicant (and not for other family members - who have applied for naturalisation together with the lead alplicant) What is proof of application? You have already submitted your application, so nothing to prove.... as far as I know.
Is there any other document I should add in this section?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Re: Declaration forms

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:50 am

Thank you for reply 😊

That data consent form is same as 3-part form we spoke about earlier in the thread?

One copy of that form for each of us (my wife, daughter and self) - each sings part 1, I sign part 2 for my wife and daughter, my wife signs part 2 for me and daughter. Good enough?

Meanwhile, I had one bus lane PCN in January - paid within timeframe. I have not added it. Is this okay?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Life in UK test

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:19 pm

My document checklist does not include life in UK test pass certificate. It just asked a question during application if I have passed the test and to provide unique reference number.

I also read somewhere that when we provide this test certificate, we should also provide the ID used during the test. The ID I used was T2 general visa BRP prior to getting ILR.

What should I do for this test?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:31 pm

URN is sufficient - these test passes are transmitted to the Home Office when test has been passed.
No issue with the ID - your current Passport/BRP is sufficient.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Life in UK test

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:55 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I took the test in 2018 for ILR. 7 digit test instance ID that we used to get then is sufficient? This is what I have provided in the application when asked for URN. Should I upload the pass notification letter?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 pm

You can upload the pass letter as well.