ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qaulify for 10 years LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nkki1
Newly Registered
Senegal

Do I qaulify for 10 years LR

Post by Nkki1 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:50 pm

Hello everyone please I need help to see if I qualify for 10years LR, I had eea residency for 2012 to 2013. I was refused permanent residency when I applied I went to court and was granted limited leave to remain due to private life by the court due to a child born in the UK and the other has been in the UK for over 7years. Please I have had the limited leave from 2014 to 2022 do i qualify for 10years long residency thank you hoping for your quick reply thanks again.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Do I qaulify for 10 years LR

Post by manci » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:07 pm

Nkki1 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:50 pm
I need help to see if I qualify for 10years LR
You qualify if you had permission to stay in the UK in any immigration category, or a combination of different immigration categories, and you have been in the UK legally for 10 years without gaps
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:22 am

You need to demonstrate for the time spent as EEA family member that your partner was exercising treaty rights. Why was your permanent residence denied ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nkki1
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Nkki1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:27 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:22 am
You need to demonstrate for the time spent as EEA family member that your partner was exercising treaty rights. Why was your permanent residence denied ?
Thank you both. I was refused because late 2013 he was not in the UK due to a traffic accident conviction in his home town.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:06 pm

This suggests you cannot prove he was exercising treaty rights at that time hence making it impossible for you to qualify under the long residence. Furthermore, pursuing the EEA refusal in court would have not engaged section 3C. I suspect you also did not have continuous residence due to that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nkki1
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Nkki1 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:06 pm
This suggests you cannot prove he was exercising treaty rights at that time hence making it impossible for you to qualify under the long residence. Furthermore, pursuing the EEA refusal in court would have not engaged section 3C. I suspect you also did not have continuous residence due to that
Thank you for your clarification.