ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity pay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wandra
United Kingdom

Maternity pay

Post by Wandra » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 am

Hi,
I am British citizen and started my new job beginning of may 2022. I am pregnant and my due date is on December. Would me getting maternity pay affect my husband's renewal spouse visa? His is going to expire beginning of next year.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Maternity pay

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:47 am

Wandra wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 am
Hi,
I am British citizen and started my new job beginning of may 2022. I am pregnant and my due date is on December. Would me getting maternity pay affect my husband's renewal spouse visa? His is going to expire beginning of next year.

Thanks
No, it will not impact negatively. Use the 6months pre-maternity payslips and bank statements to meet financial requirement (that is if your husband is not using his own income). And current slips and accounts statements that reflects maternity pay n backed by letter from your employer.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:58 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
My employer is checking whether I’m eligible for full statutory maturity pay as I’m just 6 month worked while starting my maternity leave. They said, if I’m not eligible for SMP, I’ll be paid by Dept of work and pension.

Will Maternity allow from Dept of work and will - (council job board )affect my husband spouse application.

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:41 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:58 am
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
My employer is checking whether I’m eligible for full statutory maturity pay as I’m just 6 month worked while starting my maternity leave. They said, if I’m not eligible for SMP, I’ll be paid by Dept of work and pension.

Will Maternity allow from Dept of work and will - (council job board )affect my husband spouse application.

Thanks in advance
Yes, employer is correct.
No, it wouldn't affect the application so far you earn to meet or exceed the financial requirements in the 6months preceeding your maternity.