ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tina87
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am

Tina87 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:06 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:47 am
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:41 pm
Sis Lulubaby have you received your biometric card?
On the letter it says 10 working days from the day of the letter
No I haven’t. Have you received yours? I didn’t receive any letter, just the email.

L
Yes have received my BRC on the 16th of August exactly 10 days after the letter date as they said

Hello all ,this home office really mean business, mine too has been refused .
Please SNOOKY BOSS, will you please help me on how to go on with appeal? Am really begging need to fight this people till the end. Just discovered this zambrano thing is all by luck.
Please am begging any skeletal argument or how to go about it.Thanks

@Lulubaby or anyone please could you guys help me on how to go on with the appeal? Why is everyone so silent meanwhile we know ,we got limited time for appeal to be put in place?
Is so painfull when someone is highly in need and people just sit silent . I know is non of some of us our businesses but that is why this group was created.
Thanks. Any idea will be appreciated .

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:22 am

Nyamebeye wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 am
1) I completed separate application form for joint carer when ( myself and I) although both application was refused same day but now I was just thinking maybe it we should have completed only one form since I have clicked joint carer in the application, although we sent our application together and relied on one registration certificate Is that correct please?

Yes you complete two separate applications eventhough you are relying on the same supporting documents.

2) If above is correct did I need to complete 2 appeals for each of us or just one appeal form?

You both got separate refusal letters so you appeal separately. Although the appeal will be joined and heard together. (That's my understanding)

3) Please did I need to add any documentary evidence if I am completing online appeal? If yes
What should it be please?

When I did an appeal, I completed the form and paid the money. then stated on there that documents will be sent separately. But at that time, the bundle was all posted to parties so not sure what the procedure is now. Others may be able to help with this.

4) A child ( British citizen) living with us as a private foster ( family arrangement ) lost both parents, we haven’t declared this in our application on June 25th 2021? Could this also helps our appeal? Only mentioned him as a relative in uk

Declaring this alone will not add any weight to the matter. The assessment is based on the British child/ren you are relying on. If you want to add this child, you will need to provide supporting documents same as you did for your British Child you relied on. The issue here is that the home office did not even consider the other criteria since they said you did not meet the first eligibility criteria. If they had done that, you would have known thier decision on the sections about the British child being unable to live in the UK if the primary carer/s left the UK indefinitely. If they accepted what you put on the form for your British child, then you don't really need to add this child.

4) As a joint career our eldest Child registered as a BC 23/11/2005 . Others 2007 and 2011

It doesn't look like they even got to that point as I have explained above. Zambrano principle came in 2011 but home office made thier first decision in 2012. It is at the back of this they started appendix FM and directed all those refused to apply for Appendix FM.
Which of your British children did you use for your application? All 3?
If your eldest registered as BC in 2005, he/she would have been 10yrs by then. So basically an adult now. Am I right?
I am a bit confused with the dates you have listed above if they were all BC registration dates, then all your children would be adults assuming you registered them at 10yrs. MN1 route.

5) Which one is bundle or skeleton argument?

Bundle is the pack of evidential documents you send to the judge and home office to support your appeal.

Skeleton argument is what you do to set out out your case etc with the appeal form. There are samples somewhere on this platform.

I will be interested to know a bit more of your case because I registered my child BC aged 10 in 2016 and relied on the child for my derivative residence in 2018.It was refused because they said my husband who had LTR could look after the child if I left the UK indefinitely. I appealed, won,then home office appealed to upper tribunal, I won again. They issued my derivative residence card in 2019.
I applied for pre-settled as joint primary carer with my husband even though he was not applying. I just stated on the form and in previous derivative application that we have been joint carers from birth and continue to be. Issued in 2020.
(So 2016 to 2021 is 5 yrs) which they point out in my pre settled decision letter. I have now applied for Settled status. My husband has applied as well. It's very likely he would be refused as he has LTR. We just thought we will give it a go.
Now waiting to hear what they will say on mine.

Please need your help, I clicked on the appeal link, don't know which one to choose from the list given for example is ur appeal against - protection,
-revoke of protection
Against refusal of human right
Against restricting eea right of movement
Against decision depriving u of citizenship.

Please which one should I take?

Wizzyjay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wizzyjay » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 am

Please SNOOKY BOSS, will you please help me on how to go on with appeal? Am really begging need to fight this people till the end. Just discovered this zambrano thing is all by luck.

What was ur situation, date of application?

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:45 am

Wizzyjay wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 am

What was ur situation, date of application?

Applied as a Zambrano carer and they refused saying I got ltr, so I do not qualify. Applied as a single mum of a british citizen who is 7 years now. Thanks

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 am

Nyamebeye wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:18 pm
@HOPE77
If you go back a few pages from here, some one recently kindly put the page numbers that have sample of the skeleton argument for appeal that Snooky, Lagosboy and others kindly posted there.
There are definitely some guidance and advice on this forum that you can taylor to your particular case.
Don't panic if people don't respond straight away to requests. They might be busy. There are lots of love, care, help and compassion here. You are not alone.

You will get through this. Amen 🙏🏾

The skeletal bundle was seen but its mostly talk on drf1 and married couples, does anyone has that of a single mother with a British citizen? @lagosbos,lulubaby,Ngoo, net queen, snooky , nyamebeye, could u people help?

Snooky could you just help to post editted skeletal related to single mothers here?
Or Lulubaby could you please share with me your skeletal appeal bundle please?

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:29 am

Tina87 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am
Tina87 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:06 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:47 am
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:41 pm
Sis Lulubaby have you received your biometric card?
On the letter it says 10 working days from the day of the letter
No I haven’t. Have you received yours? I didn’t receive any letter, just the email.

L
Yes have received my BRC on the 16th of August exactly 10 days after the letter date as they said

@Lulubaby or anyone please could you guys help me on how to go on with the appeal? Why is everyone so silent meanwhile we know ,we got limited time for appeal to be put in place?
Is so painfull when someone is highly in need and people just sit silent . I know is non of some of us our businesses but that is why this group was created.
Thanks. Any idea will be appreciated .

Hello,so sorry for your denial,unfortunately I don't know anything concerning this stuff,am still waiting for my response from HO,but I guess Lulubaby or snooky and other members can be of help.

Please all let's try to help out as I can see, she/he has been begging since but no one could help out,even those who recently appealed, could you guys just throw more light rather than just sitting quiet? Help her with your own 50cent. Thanks

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:36 pm

[
Please need your help, I clicked on the appeal link, don't know which one to choose from the list given for example is ur appeal against - protection,
-revoke of protection

[/quote]

From the list you have provided, the best fit will be "Against restricting EEA right of movement ".

I can imagine your feelings of nervousness, overwhelming and frustration etc but I strongly believe that people would want to be sure of the information they provide here. If things go wrong, they don't want to be responsible so bear with everyone. Also, people may be genuinely very busy.

You will need to take what is relevant to your case from the skeleton that has been posted here. Instead of referring to drf refer to Appendix EU if your application was made under that rather than derivative residence route. As as a single parent, provide the circumstances to you being a single parent etc.
The more I type now, the more I feel I need to be careful of what I say because the refusal was not about them refusing to accept you care for a British Child. But it was about you not meeting the criteria for their definition of who a Zambrano carer is.

Pls try and speak to a solicitor to get some guidance if you are running out of time. They don't charge much for consultation. Some charge £50.

I do feel for your situation, I really do. But not sure what to say.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:51 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:36 pm
[
-revoke of protection

From the list you have provided, the best fit will be "Against restricting EEA right of movement ".

I can imagine your feelings of nervousness, overwhelming and frustration etc but I strongly believe that people would want to be sure of the information they provide here. If things go wrong, they don't want to be responsible so bear with everyone. Also, people may be genuinely very busy.

You will need to take what is relevant to your case from the skeleton that has been posted here. Instead of referring to drf refer to Appendix EU if your application was made under that rather than derivative residence route. As as a single parent, provide the circumstances to you being a single parent etc.
The more I type now, the more I feel I need to be careful of what I say because the refusal was not about them refusing to accept you care for a British Child. But it was about you not meeting the criteria for their definition of who a Zambrano carer is.

Pls try and speak to a solicitor to get some guidance if you are running out of time. They don't charge much for consultation. Some charge £50.

I do feel for your situation, I really do. But not sure what to say.
[/quote]

Thanks so much, I do appreciate. Solicitors are charging £1000.
Thanks again for your time

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 pm

They will charge even more if you are asking them to do the appeal and represent u £2000 and above. What I was talking about was to just book a consultation to discuss your situation and get advice and guidance. I've done it before. Those are not expensive at all. These days you can even book the consultation remotely and send your documents via email or WhatsApp for them to review for you before or during the consultation.

Innocent2526
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Innocent2526 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:50 pm

Anybody know anything I can do it’s only 2 month more than the date
scheme.
Your application has been refused because you do not satisfy paragraph 1,
above.
The reason for this is that you must be able to demonstrate you meet the
definition of a 'person with a Zambrano right to reside' before the specified
date. For the purpose of your application the specified date is 2300 GMT on
31 December 2020. Home office records show that **** *** was not
registered as a British citizen until 25' February 2021 and therefore it would
not be possible to deem that you were 'person with a Zambrano right to reside'
before the specified date.
As this means your application as a 'person with a Zambrano right to reside'
cannot succeed, we have not considered the rest of the eligibility requirements
for this category of the EU Settlement Scheme.
It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the
eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 or for pre-settled
status set out in rule EU14 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is
for the reasons explained above.
We have also considered whether you meet any of the other eligibility
requirements under Appendix EU, set out in rule EU11, EU12 and EU14.
However, from the information and evidence provided, or otherwise available
you do not meet any of the other eligibility requirements and your application
has, therefore, been refused under rule EU6 of that Appendix.
Next steps
ICD.5298
2 of 4

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:57 pm

When did you apply? Did you hold / do you currently hold LTR?

It is very clear that your child was not British as at 31st Dec 2020 so why did you apply under appendix EU? I know a lot of people put in their application for 'a just in case' situation so totally understandabke. However, with the HO definition of a Zambrano carer, you do not qualify.
What it's telling us is that if you would have qualified, then all carers with British children will apply for Zambrano. As we all know that is what they have tried to avoid.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:10 pm

Hi

I was refused Zambarano based on the new guidelines and for sometime did not see the need for appealing or going for an administrative review. Today I decided to go for administrative review ( 14 days have passed so an appeal is not possible) I know they will refuse it again and then I will appeal

I have started on the adminstrative review but noticed the UAN is not working. I believe it is the number that starts with 0000 on my decesion letter but the online form keeps rejecting it.

Can someone please tell me if this is the UAN.

Thanks

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:57 pm
When did you apply? Did you hold / do you currently hold LTR?

It is very clear that your child was not British as at 31st Dec 2020 so why did you apply under appendix EU? I know a lot of people put in their application for 'a just in case' situation so totally understandabke. However, with the HO definition of a Zambrano carer, you do not qualify.
What it's telling us is that if you would have qualified, then all carers with British children will apply for Zambrano. As we all know that is what they have tried to avoid.

Please I need help from anyone and hope they won't be silent again. The space provided is too small, how can I add the rest of my appeal will they give an extra sheet or how should I tell them I got an attachment. Please 🙏 🙏 🙏

Agyapa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Agyapa » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:07 pm

@Tina87, I believe when you submit your appeal you would be given 7 days to submit your supporting documents (cover letter, skeleton argument and other supporting documents and bundles) to the FTT.
If all you arguments cannot fit in the space provided, put everything in your skeleton argument and write in the space provided - "see skeleton argument". Alternatively you can summarize your main arguments in the space provided and still put the detailed information in your skeleton argument. I hope this helps and good luck.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Agyapa wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:07 pm
@Tina87, I believe when you submit your appeal you would be given 7 days to submit your supporting documents (cover letter, skeleton argument and other supporting documents and bundles) to the FTT.
If all you arguments cannot fit in the space provided, put everything in your skeleton argument and write in the space provided - "see skeleton argument". Alternatively you can summarize your main arguments in the space provided and still put the detailed information in your skeleton argument. I hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your response 😊🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:55 pm

hi
we made application for my spouse in june 2021, our both child hold British passport since 2015(by birth)
while visiting abroad my spouse partner visa expired(unfortunately) and we made new partner visa(entry) and she entered UK on 30 December 2020 with new partner visa(2.5 years).
I haven't received any refusal notice yet but i believe our application will be rejected as she hold currently 2.5 years partner visa.
could anyone please suggest us if there is any hope even if we go for an appeal???

KSplendide
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by KSplendide » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 pm

to be free wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:10 pm
Hi

I was refused Zambarano based on the new guidelines and for sometime did not see the need for appealing or going for an administrative review. Today I decided to go for administrative review ( 14 days have passed so an appeal is not possible) I know they will refuse it again and then I will appeal

I have started on the adminstrative review but noticed the UAN is not working. I believe it is the number that starts with 0000 on my decesion letter but the online form keeps rejecting it.

Thanks
Hi @ to be free
I just checked and you were correct, the UAN number starts with "000". I hope you were able to sort it out. Apologies for my late response.
Also, I want to encourage you not to despair with regards to your Appeal. You have already come this far - Don't give up so easily!
Remember from Snooky - the HO guidance is not Law & cannot preclude anyone from meeting the definition of a Zambrano carer under the Zambrano jurisprudence. All this appendix FM or limited leave can be challenged!
Go through all the previous posts and get the skeletal arguments for your bundle. Hope this helps
Best wishes 🙏🏾

KSplendide
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by KSplendide » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:39 pm

to be free wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Hi @ to be free
I just checked and you were correct, the UAN number starts with "000". I hope you were able to sort it out. Apologies for my late response.
Also, I want to encourage you not to despair with regards to your Appeal. You have already come this far - Don't give up so easily!
Remember from Snooky - the HO guidance is not Law & cannot preclude anyone from meeting the definition of a Zambrano carer under the Zambrano jurisprudence. All this appendix FM or limited leave can be challenged!
Go through all the previous posts and get the skeletal arguments for your bundle. Hope this helps
Best wishes 🙏🏾

KSplendide
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by KSplendide » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 pm

to be free wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Hi @ to be free
Best wishes 🙏🏾

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:56 pm

KSplendide wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 pm
to be free wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Hi @ to be free
Best wishes 🙏🏾
@ksplendide, thanks. Yes it is but with dashes in between. Yes I will be putting in administrative review and later appeal.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:59 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 pm
They will charge even more if you are asking them to do the appeal and represent u £2000 and above. What I was talking about was to just book a consultation to discuss your situation and get advice and guidance. I've done it before. Those are not expensive at all. These days you can even book the consultation remotely and send your documents via email or WhatsApp for them to review for you before or during the consultation.

HI Nyamebeye I just posted the form by post ,is it advisable to send it online by email aswell.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:56 pm

@Tina87- What form and to whom have you posted pls?

If it's the appeal form to the courts, it's done online and documents uploaded to a portal I think.
Did you get the paper appeal form together with your returned documents? Is that what you have completed and posted?

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:56 pm
@Tina87- What form and to whom have you posted pls?

If it's the appeal form to the courts, it's done online and documents uploaded to a portal I think.
Did you get the paper appeal form together with your returned documents? Is that what you have completed and posted?

I used this form. I downloaded it as I trued filling it ,it wasn't allowing me to go further. I had to download it and fill it and send it by post. Is this the right form? Please let me know if I had to redo it as I have already post it. Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_20220918_162907.jpg
Screenshot_20220918_162907.jpg (347.94 KiB) Viewed 1318 times

Whyworry
Nigeria

Post by Whyworry » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:28 pm

@Tina 87 I think you completed the right form and posted it the correct submission. However. I don’t think you need to resend it online as well.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm

Whyworry wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:28 pm
@Tina 87 I think you completed the right form and posted it the correct submission. However. I don’t think you need to resend it online as well.

Thanks so much whyworry ,I really appreciate 🙏