ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - pre-settlement application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - pre-settlement application

Post by quasar » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:14 am

Hello,

I am currently filling in the online form for naturalization and I have a question regarding this part of the application - "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?". I got my settled status and I will declare that as an immigration application, however I also applied for pre-settled status. Do I need to also mention the application for pre-settled status?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - pre-settlement application

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:20 am

It does clearly state 'ANY' applications, which means ALL that you have made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

PCN - which section of the application?

Post by quasar » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question - I got a PCN a few years ago for driving in a bus lane, and I would like to declare it in my application. Do you know which is the best place to put this? I was thinking to put it under driving offence - other but not sure if it's correct. Thank you!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - pre-settlement application

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Refer to the good Character guidance, esp page 17 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

A PCN would fall under out-of-court settlement (I think it's the last option when they ask you the question on the form).
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:58 pm

Fixed penalty notices, penalty charge notices and penalty notices for disorder are imposed by the police or other authorised enforcement officers for traffic rule Page 17 of 54 Published for Home Office staff on 30 September 2020

violations, environmental and civil violations. It is a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court.
Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court.
However, multiple fixed penalty notices over a short period of time could demonstrate a disregard for the law and therefore demonstrate that someone is not of good character.
See Considering cumulative, non-custodial sentences for more information.
married Aug 2014

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by quasar » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:16 am

Thank you all, I declared it as an out of court penalty.

I just submitted my application this morning and have a question about the consent form - do I need to get my partner's signature in part 2 of this form if I upload some council tax letters that are in our joint names? I searched the forum and I could see some contradictory answers regarding this, so I was wondering if someone has more certain info regarding this (maybe because they submitted with/without part 2 and their application was approved)?

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:53 am

quasar wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:16 am
Thank you all, I declared it as an out of court penalty.

I just submitted my application this morning and have a question about the consent form - do I need to get my partner's signature in part 2 of this form if I upload some council tax letters that are in our joint names? I searched the forum and I could see some contradictory answers regarding this, so I was wondering if someone has more certain info regarding this (maybe because they submitted with/without part 2 and their application was approved)?
If you have joint bills then ur partner need to sign
married Aug 2014

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by quasar » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Following my application submission, I created an account on UKVCAS website and uploaded all the required documents. I would like to self-submit now in the hope that the processing of my application will start quicker. However I still didn't receive an email regarding use of IDV app or biometrics appointment, and looks like I can't book an appointment prior to that email (which is annoying as in my case it's quite clear I need one since I never provided fingerprints..). My question: is there any reason I should wait for the IDV/biometrics appointment email before self-submission of uploaded documents? (I do not plan to use scanning/checking services)

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:23 pm

You will definitly recieve an email shortly, and you can upload your documents, i didnt buy any extra scanning service.
But dont forget to take all documents with you, they need to see and they scan again you identity documents in case if they want to.
This is my personal experience
married Aug 2014

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by quasar » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:28 pm

Thank you wish_uk, however my question is slightly different. I am already able to upload the documents (and have done so) and I have the option to self-submit. Would it cause any issues if I self-submit before booking a biometrics appointment?

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:10 pm

quasar wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:28 pm
Thank you wish_uk, however my question is slightly different. I am already able to upload the documents (and have done so) and I have the option to self-submit. Would it cause any issues if I self-submit before booking a biometrics appointment?
Ok i got it,
Once you click on submit, you wont able to edit.
Other wise you can submit. Yes
married Aug 2014

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:01 pm

quasar wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm
Following my application submission, I created an account on UKVCAS website and uploaded all the required documents. I would like to self-submit now in the hope that the processing of my application will start quicker. However I still didn't receive an email regarding use of IDV app or biometrics appointment, and looks like I can't book an appointment prior to that email (which is annoying as in my case it's quite clear I need one since I never provided fingerprints..). My question: is there any reason I should wait for the IDV/biometrics appointment email before self-submission of uploaded documents? (I do not plan to use scanning/checking services)
Submitting your documents a few days earlier won't significantly speed up your application, especially if you need to book the biometrics appointment. I believe you need to submit before attending the appointment in any case.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by quasar » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:13 pm

I was wondering what kind of confirmation/notification emails people get post-submission of the application?

In my case I only got until now:
- email with payment confirmation
- email from UKVCAS inviting me to register
- email from UKVCAS indicating that I need to wait for the IDV/appointment decision

I self-submitted the documents on the UKVCAS website but I haven't received any confirmation regarding this. Did anyone get any kind of acknowledgement for that? Or any other emails?