ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 6 Without Condition Irish Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Stamp 6 Without Condition Irish Citizen

Post by james2005 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:02 pm

Few days ago I applied for Stamp a 6 Without Condition (WC) and I enclosed my original Irish Passport and Non-Irish passport, but see what the department sent to me today by post:

I am directed by the minister for justice to acknowledge receipt of your application received in this division on 00/00/2022.

Applications are dealt with in chronological order and this division will be in contact with you in due course.

Any further correspondence in relation to you should be addressed to unit 3-residence division, INIS, department of justice, 13/14 burgh quay, Dublin 2, and quoting your reference number 7xxxxxxxxx

If you change address while your application is under consideration, you must notify this office of your change of address in writing immediately including your department of justice application reference number 7xxxxxxxxx.

Your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the conditions for Without Condition as to TIme until further examination takes place.

Now, my question is: Why did they acknowledged my application as if I applied for Stamp 5 Without Condition as to Time (WCAT), whereas I only submitted an application for Stamp 6 Without Condition (WC)?

Although I have sent them an email and I explained this to them that I submitted my original Irish passport and original Non-Irish passport for Without Condition (Stamp 6) to be endorsed on my Non-Irish passport.

Or am I missing something?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 6 Without Condition Irish Citizen

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:51 am

Obviously they mistreated your Stamp 6 / WC application for a Stamp 5 / WCATT application. You just need to remind them. A WC application should be approved instantly when they receive all required documents.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:40 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:51 am
Obviously they mistreated your Stamp 6 / WC application for a Stamp 5 / WCATT application. You just need to remind them. A WC application should be approved instantly when they receive all required documents.
Thanks littlerr, i sent them an email reminder and i got a reply today saying:

"I have checked your application and it is correctly recorded as an application for a Stamp 6.

The confirmation letter for Stamp 5 and Stamp 6 applications is very similar and a clerical error meant a section of text was not removed in the letter that you received, but rest assured the application was always recorded as being for a Stamp 6"

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:12 pm

That’s what they always try to do :) Acknowledging errors is never easy for them.

I’m surprised that it would take that long to process a Stamp 6 application. It used to be a formality. All they needed to do is to verify that your Irish passport is genuine.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Finally received my Stamp 6 "Without Condition". For those who are asking how its worded see attached. I was expecting sticker :roll: , but still think it doesn't really make sense as you can't use it to travel and back in Ireland. They department need ti up their game with stamp 6, maybe change it to sticker visa nd inform all airlines to recognise it.

Thanks to littlerr for your encouragement.
Attachments
WC.png
Stamp 6
WC.png (394.3 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
WC Letter.png
Stamp 6 Letter
WC Letter.png (240.51 KiB) Viewed 1149 times

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Congrats!

And yes you are correct. If you are a visa-required national, this stamp alone will not allow you to travel to Ireland. Airlines and ferry companies have the rights to deny boarding without an IRP card or a valid visa sticker.

You can, however, apply for a re-entry visa. There is no fee for it last time I checked, although this is under the officer’s discretion.

They require you to submit proof of travel (e.g. flight bookings) and they usually only grant you the period that covers the dates as detailed in the bookings, so these visas aren’t that useful if you travel abroad a lot using your foreign passport. It’s more useful for those who have to travel abroad in short notice without an IRP card (e.g. still waiting for the new card to be posted, or haven’t got an appointment to get registered with INIS etc).

Details here: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 06-28/725/