ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When asylum case considered concluded?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AntonW
Newly Registered

When asylum case considered concluded?

Post by AntonW » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I have been reading topics on this forum for a long time now, but it's the first time I want to ask you some help.

I have recieved a letter from the Home Office saying that my case is concluded and that's why they wouldn't consider it under Legacy Casework Programme.

I am here 8 years as failed asylum seeker, I wanted my case to be taken to Legacy Resolution Team and they replied that my case is concluded. I don't agree with whay they were saying in the letter and would like to know what is by law considered to be "case concluded".

Thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Concluded=

Initial decision made and refused

If no appeal go to ARE
Appeal see below

AIT decision - dismissed
Secondary appeal process completed - case still dismissed
ARE - appeal rights exhausted, no further recourse to appeals or further claims. All time limits expired.
You are then in the position where your claim has been fully dealt with in law and thus you are - Concluded.

Simplified somewhat but in essence that is where you are.
If you are from a non return type country then it is a waiting game from now on.

AntonW
Newly Registered

Post by AntonW » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Thank you Frontier Mole

Can you give me a link related to...above tell-When asylum case considered concluded?
Where law or regulations refer to it.
Thanks in advance

AntonW
Newly Registered

Post by AntonW » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Thank you Frontier Mole

Liam Byrne (Minister of State (Borders and Immigration; Minister for the West Midlands; (also in HM Treasury)), Home Office; Birmingham, Hodge Hill, Labour) | Hansard source

holding answer 10 January 2008

The cases dealt with by the case resolution teams include unresolved asylum applications which are not being processed by case owners in our regional asylum teams, meaning that they are those lodged with the Agency before 5 March 2007, and many of them have been in our system for more than three years.

The common factor that defines incomplete asylum cases for the purpose of the case resolution directorate is that there was initially an asylum claim and, as yet, the case record has not been concluded( i.e. granted, removed or closed) either due to errors in recording information or there are outstanding actions that need to be taken. Our cases largely date from before the Asylum (Treatment of Claimants etc.) Act 2004. Case records are concluded when individuals have permission to stay; are removed from the UK, voluntarily or by force; or their records are otherwise closed (e.g. when data errors are resolved).

The priorities are those who may pose a risk to the public, those who can be more easily removed, those receiving support and those who may be granted leave. All cases will be dealt with on their individual merits.

Can you give me a link related to...above tell-When asylum case considered concluded?
Where law or regulations refer to it.
Thanks in advance

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:01 pm

Get in touch with your solicitor or any other solicitor (Refugee Legal centre advice line) and tell them about your situation and that letter. They will be able to help.