ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 questions regarding UK passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anuar
Russia

2 questions regarding UK passport application

Post by Anuar » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Dear Friends,

I hold ILR status and arrived in the UK in October 2017. For my ILR application, I passed IELTS B1 Life Skills Test. I have two questions regarding my future application for a UK passport:
1) Can I use the results of my IELTS B1 test, or do I need to take another one (called IELTS SELT Consortium)?
2) My 5 year qualification period will be ended in October 2022. During these 5 years, I have never left the UK longer than 30 days, and I have had only a couple of trips outside of the UK. Am I right that I can apply at the end of October 2022, or there is some special additional requirement that I am missing (I have heard something about section 6 (1) of the British Nationality Act 1981)?

Thanks in advance,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 2 questions regarding UK passport application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:42 pm

- Have you reviewed the AN Guidance? https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
- When did you gain ILR?
- Are you spouse of a British citizen? If you are spouse of BC apply now.
- If not spouse of BC wait 12 months from gaining ILR.
- Section 6(1) - see page 6 of the guidance - not married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen
- Section 6(2) - see page 7 of the guidance - married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen
- Your absences are not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Anuar
Russia

Post by Anuar » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:36 am

Thanks for your replies. I got my ILR more than 1 year ago. My wife is not a UK citizen.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 am

If you have already completed 12 months on ILR then you should be able to apply now, if you have completed five years residency.
You can use the English test which you have submitted for ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.