ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help,my application was lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Help,my application was lost

Post by 2002sailing » Sun May 22, 2005 9:21 pm

24 March
my second new application with all my original certificates was received by Doncaster. proof of deliveried was provided. at the same time, my application was lost.

8 April
I started looking for my lost application, it's a long long way.

30th May
I have sent a review request on March 14, There was no any response from HSMP,so I sent a new application on March 22, up to now, HSMP team said they didnot received my new application. So I have request
a proof of signature from Royal Mail.and sent it to Customer Service. What I can do if they still deny they received my application? All my original certificates such as degree
certificate are in my application package.

Latest Update: They deny receiving my application although I have sent
the copy of signature. and confirm that my application was lost. They did not take money from my credit card.

6th June

I have received following letter from Doncaster, it confused me.
I believe the second application is always not free till I read the letter below, anyone can help me to analysis:

To clarify
As your second application was a duplication it was unnecessary for anotherpayment to be taken. For this reason therefore the Payment Processing Centre would forward your documents on to the HSMP team to casework. Doncaster do not hold on to anyone's applications, and, as in your case, there is not reason.

Hope this helps
Regards

it's the first time to hear that second application is free. I believe the second application is always not free till I read the letter above. OK, although it's strange ,I will keep on because of hope. try to contact HSMP team, but was advised they cannot find my application, asked me to consult Doncaster.

7th June

I have called Doncaster, again, they insist they have sent my application to HSMP team, but didnot provide me the internal tracking number,only gave me the general enquary number:01142591894. Hope is less and less.

8th June
bad news, Doncaster insisted they has passed my application to HSMP,but failed to provide the date and internal No. of my application. Under this circumstance, they push me to HSMP team, I can imagine the result, HSMP team will deny they received my application again, because there was no evidence to show that Doncaster post my application to them. so I was pushed between Doncaster and HSMP again and again, I was tired, so tired, dhavaluk' opinion was correct: Doncaster team, doesn't want to take that blaim on them, so they are just trying to escape by saying this, and just want to push me to HSMP team, situation gets worse and worse. I has spent two months to find my lost application, what I can do now?

13th June
I receive final result from HO, they said lots of words,but nothing has been said indeed.

"Thank you for your email
Despite a thorough search by the HSMP Team they have been unable to locate
your 2nd application. As no payment was taken by the Payment Processing
Centre your application would have either been returned back to yourself,
which there is no record of there being a reason for, or as is more likely,
sent on to the HSMP Team via Internal mail.
Unfortunately your next course of action will be to write in to our Customer
Relations Team advising them of the situation and seeking recompense ."

second letter:

As per our previous email we can only re-iterate that the application has
not been lost or is still held at the Doncaster Payment Processing Centre as
they do not retain any applications-they simply process a payment were
necessary and send it on for caseworking. They have neither the facility nor
is it part of their contract with the Home Office to hold on to any
applications. The Charging Team is simply a go-between for Business Teams
and the Doncaster Payment Processing Centre-we are not in the same
location-and our department has been set up to help with any payment
problems. Applications are sent on to HSMP for caseworking from Doncaster,
the Charging Team does not receive any cases.
We cannot comment on the system used by Doncaster when internal mail is sent
on to the HSMP team, it would be the responsibility of HSMP to set up their
own way to of recording this.
As we have already mentioned, Doncaster feel there was no reason to send the
application back so they do not have a registered parcel number to provide.

We have now unfortunately covered every possible avenue to locate your 2nd
application without any success and we can only again apologise and advise
you to send all your facts, in writing in, to the Customer Relations Team as
a compensation claim.

Yours sincerely

14th June
Third letter from Doncaster:

Dear Sir

As per our previous e-mails, we have now exhausted all searches of all
locations to no avail.

Please contact our Customer Relation Team at the following address:

Customer Relations Team
WPUK
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Regards
Charging Team
Last edited by 2002sailing on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 20 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 22, 2005 10:25 pm

What is the Post Office Track & Trace showing? :-

Track & Trace

How did you send it? Special Delivery? Or just Recorded Delivery?
John

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Sun May 22, 2005 11:07 pm

I got the proof of deliveried from Royal Mail(copy of signature),and I have post them to HSMP team. it seems my application was lost.
What can I do next ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 22, 2005 11:45 pm

If you can prove that they received it, and can provide proof of signature .... I would ask them ..... what are you going to do about it? See how they react to that.

Suspect that, regretfully, the application and all your papers have just got mis-filed. They should surface sooner or later ... and hopefully sooner!
John

makon

Post by makon » Mon May 23, 2005 11:16 am

I am in the same position. Sent in a review with all my originals on 22nd Feb. When I called on the 22nd March I was told that is not been seen. I am still following up on this issue. Nothing concrete yet but the lady handling it reply to my mail today and told me that she has only one place left to look for my docs and by the end of today she'll advise me accordingly. So am waiting!,

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Makon, did you use the Post Office Track & Trace facility? If so, what is it saying?
John

makon

Post by makon » Mon May 23, 2005 1:04 pm

I checked the status via royal mail website and it said that "it was delivered on 23/02/2005" I have forwarded the postal receipt to Home Office and I hope they will use that to trace it.

Impact
Newly Registered

lost application

Post by Impact » Mon May 23, 2005 8:15 pm

have they taken payment for the application?

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Makon,what is the result

Post by 2002sailing » Tue May 24, 2005 8:09 pm

Makon,what is the result. Did they find your application?

Korben Dallas

solution for your case

Post by Korben Dallas » Wed May 25, 2005 4:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been in your situation with lost application and can advise to follow the procedure I've done to get them looking and finding the case:

1. When you call to HO with the issue of lost application they will ask you to prepare & fax information below so arrange these things upfront & save time and nerves on dialling them:
- Credit Card type (MasterCard, VISA, AMEX, etc...);
- Insuring bank (usually appears on the card);
- Evidence + date of delivery + person signed the receipt (air way bill tracking number by courier in case you sent it by UPS/DHL/Fedex/etc);
- your contact info (ph, fx, email).

2. In my case I made a letter fully describing my situation and stating exact date of delivery, money withdrawal and my calls to them + names of guys I spoke with (maybe you don't need all this, but just in case to show you were fully correct).

3. Fax them this info several times a day (2-3 times a day enough) until you have a feedback via email (like in my case) proving they started taking care of your matter. Pls remember that it is necessary to fax not once or twice, but several times a day to get it done. It is easier than to call them and listen to explanation that they have 1K faxes daily and yours one was completely lost in this batch.

4. When you get a feedback you will probably be advised of further steps to undertake to help them locating yout parcel/folder/etc. In my situation, I was given a telephone number to call Doncaster office (where the payments and first checks are made) and verify whether the money was taken out or not. Through there I got the internal HO number of my case so I could further trace it with HO team and get the case found and approved.

PS: Don't be agressive when speaking to HO team receptionists - they simply close the phone and you have nothing but to say something on your native language.. :lol:

Good luck!

makon

Post by makon » Wed May 25, 2005 6:35 pm

no, they lady did not get back to me. I have decided to give her till thursday before calling or mailing her again. I guess if you put them under pressure they will bottle up and there is really nothing you can do. I will mail her tomorrow again. i will keep you posted. meanwhile i have applied for a certificate of posting from the post office since I used Royal Mail Special Delivery. As soon as i receive that I will send it to them as well.

makon

Post by makon » Thu May 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Bad news, i mailed the lady again today and she replied. according to her she has searched everywhere for my original documents and cannot find it. She has advised me to contact the Customer Relations Team regarding making a claim for compensation. A claim I am not interested in!!! Please any suggestions on what to do???

simar

Post by simar » Thu May 26, 2005 2:18 pm

Makon,
Life is like this only. I will apply fourth time in coming first week of June(waiting for form 16). My packet was too lost when I applied second time.
So go through all FIR process & get duplicate degree certificates from university.
Also , experience certificates were lost. So get collected reference letter from my past employees.
Be strong if want to make success in first world.

Best of luck for future adventure.

2002sailing
Newly Registered

my position is a little different

Post by 2002sailing » Thu May 26, 2005 2:28 pm

my position is a little different,they did not take my money,there is no record of my application.

makon

Post by makon » Thu May 26, 2005 2:31 pm

Simar,

Which one is form 16 and what FIR process are you talking about? please explain more.

thanks

simar

Post by simar » Thu May 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Form 16 legal income tax returns declartoin statment given by emplyer. One need to submit this while filing the income tax returns in india. To get points in salary. YOur taxable income mention in the doc is what that will give you valuable salary points.

FIR --First information report ::: That need to get from the police so that unversity can give duplicate certificate. Also I have make my lost degree declare in national newspaper, Make the avidavite for declartion. Anyway diffrent country & university have diffrent procedures to solve this loss problem.

bye

2002sailing
Newly Registered

no hope

Post by 2002sailing » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:52 pm

following is the latest response from HSMP ,what can I do next? they cannot find my application although I sent the proof of deliveried.

Doncaster have carried out a search of their building and they do not have
your application. I have also requested a similar search with the HSMP team and they confirm that they have not received this.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do to help in this matter
Last edited by 2002sailing on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korben Dallas

Re: no hope

Post by Korben Dallas » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:19 pm

2002sailing wrote:Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do to help in this matter
2002sailing, pls detail the entire progress of how you sent your app.

1) When did you ship the parcel?
2) Was it courier (UPS/DHL/Fedex) or local postal authority?
3) Did the parcel reach Doncaster's team?
4) If yes, so who signed the receipt?
5) If no, then call your courier and track down the parcel (pick up date, custom clearance date, arrival date to gateways for sorting, date of entering the UK, date of receiving the parcel to the UK national office,..). Forwarders keep this information in their databases - it is easy to retrieve it once you claim they lost your parcel.
6) If Doncaster received the package, have they taken out the payment? When? (call your credit card company to check first).
7) If they received and took out money, but HO claims of no parcel - then you call Doncaster team (I have their phone # at home, w/a later) and track with them. They will advise the internal number of your parcel (looooong number) and inform you whether they dispatched it to HO or it waits for some extra input from you.
8) Then you call HO (in case your pkg left Doncaster successfully) and let them track the parcel by internal number. All done - have fun.

PS: I ate shit when my second case was lost. Stay cool and don't panic - your parcel didn't fade away - somebody put it in wrong place..

2002sailing
Newly Registered

no hope

Post by 2002sailing » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:05 pm

I have got the signature from royal mail and sent to HSMP. now, they cannot deny receiving my application.but they still said they cannot find my application,no money has been taken from my credit card. my application seems evaporated in the building of Home ofiice.

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:25 pm

HO recieves your application ONLY AFTER Doncaster team has inspected your docs and took out the money. Your application is in Doncaster office - you need to call them, not HO.

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:56 pm

Doncaster office didnot take my money. so they said my application was lost,no any record of my application. :(

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:37 am

Have you named to them the guy that had signed the receipt? Does he exist?

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:14 pm

hi,Korben,this is my second application too, it shows that second application tend to be lost. Can you analysis about this?

where didi they find your lost application and how long did it take?

I can only contact with customer service currently, and customer
service inform Doncaster office what I said. The effect and effeciency is
very low under this process. How can I get contact with Doncaster directly?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:23 pm

Hello!

I have no advise or ideas to give you, I just wanna say that everytime I read this post I feel really bad for what happen to you... I imagine it must be a terrible situation... I just wanna say that we are all sharing your anger about what happen and hoping that everything ends well for you.

I wish you all the best! keep your hope and determination that you will achieve approval! Don't quit trying...

LBF.

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 pm

2002sailing,

check your PM.