ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting Financial Requirement route and Priority Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Meeting Financial Requirement route and Priority Service

Post by LadyC » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:20 pm

Hello all,

Please can someone advise me on the following?

Background: I am currently on spouse visa and due to apply for ILR by end of Sept 2022/early Oct 2022. I had a full time permanent job that paid £2,900 net per month but resigned in late April 2022- last payslip. I had no income in May and only started a new contract role mid June paying around £300/day paye- will be paid every 4 weeks. I have read the guidance but please can someone sensecheck my understanding.

1) For the financial requirements- I need to provide payslips covering 12 months prior to date of application ie Sept 2021- Sept 2022 combination of salaried and non-salaried (less than 6 months with current employer) and the total of the two employment payslips meet the threshold?

2) I only need to provide payslips from my previous employment but for current role- I need to provide employment reference letter, contract, payslips and 12months bank statements for the whole period right?

3) I plan to use the priority service, please do you know if my case would be less complex if I use savings route rather than the situation explained above? Savings is in Premuim bonds but can be paid into bank account before application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Meeting Financial Requirement route and Priority Service

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Are you employed ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:34 pm
Are you employed ?
Yes, apologies if my post was not clear. I am currently employed as a contractor on dayrate-12 months contract till next year

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:43 am

1. You must qualify under Category B with a non-salaried income. The guide very clearly explains what you need to do: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
See: Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

2. Refer to the guide. Category B requires you to evidence your income in two parts:
(a) One to show that in your current employment, you meet the minimum gross annual income (annualised if non-salaried)
(b) You also earned the minimum income in the last 12 months in total.

3. No one can determine the complexity of your application in advance. This is all up to the caseworker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:23 am

Thanks Zimba. I am about to submit my application.

Please can you advise the type of employment to choose on the ILR SET(m) application form for my current fulltime 12 months contract role( mid June 2022 - June 2023) based on day rates and timesheets paid every 4 weeks via an agency. Employment contract is also with an agency.

Will be it Permanent/ Temporary/ Agency?

If it is Temporary/ Agency, is there any adverse effect on meeting the financial requirement even though my 12months earnings prior to application submission date would meet the threshold.

Please advise, thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:39 am

LadyC wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:23 am

Please can you advise the type of employment to choose on the ILR SET(m) application form for my current fulltime 12 months contract role( mid June 2022 - June 2023) based on day rates and timesheets paid every 4 weeks via an agency. Employment contract is also with an agency.

Will be it Permanent/ Temporary/ Agency?

If it is Temporary/ Agency, is there any adverse effect on meeting the financial requirement even though my 12months earnings prior to application submission date would meet the threshold.

Please advise, thanks
Employment is full time as you're currently employed by the agency. Your wages are paid by the agency as well (PAYE).
Payslips and all would have the agency details on it as your employer.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:08 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:39 am
LadyC wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:23 am

Will be it Permanent/ Permanent/ Temporary/ Agency?

Please advise, thanks
Employment is full time as you're currently employed by the agency. Your wages are paid by the agency as well (PAYE).
Payslips and all would have the agency details on it as your employer.
Thanks Ticktack.

The issue is there is no option to select full time on the form. I just rechecked, the finance section question is " What type of employment is this?" and there are only two options- Permanent or Temporary.

In the employment letter from the agency, they are required to confirm the type of employment, whether it is Permanent/ fixed-term contract/ Agency?
I plan to request my agency to state full time 12 months role.Please can you clarify if it is a must for the agency to specify the 'Permanent/ fixed-term contract/ Agency' employment type in their letter.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:27 am

As you also saw on the form it is to clarify by employer Permanent or temporary role. Any other qualifiers you give is to your advantage peace of mind.

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:16 pm

Thanks AmazonianX

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi all,

Under cat B financial requirements, please can someone advise if I am also required to get a proof of past employment letter from my previous employer who issued my payslips from September 2021 to April 2022?

I need urgent advice please.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:47 pm

LadyC wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Hi all,

Under cat B financial requirements, please can someone advise if I am also required to get a proof of past employment letter from my previous employer who issued my payslips from September 2021 to April 2022?

Thanks
You do not need to get a "letter from employer" from them.

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LadyC » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:47 pm
LadyC wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Hi all,

Thanks
You do not need to get a "letter from employer" from them.
Thanks!