ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage to Non EU person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cooper444
Newly Registered

Marriage to Non EU person

Post by Cooper444 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi, I need help as I find all the changing rules difficult to keep up with. I’m an English citizen with a Taiwanese fiancée. She originally came to England on a student visa to study a Master degree which she completed in Jan 08. Since Feb 08 she has had a working visa (she obtained as she studied here) which runs out Feb 09 and she currently has a full time job here. She wants to extend her working visa for another year and we are planning to get married around Sep 09. With all the rule changes we have found it difficult to work out if she will be able to extend her visa for another year and what she needs to be able to do this. If it’s going to be a problem we could move the marriage forward but again it’s not just as straight forward as marriage and she can stay. Could you please let me know what our options are? I thank you in advanced for any help you can give me.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage to Non EU person

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Cooper444 wrote:Hi, I need help as I find all the changing rules difficult to keep up with. I’m an English citizen with a Taiwanese fiancée. She originally came to England on a student visa to study a Master degree which she completed in Jan 08. Since Feb 08 she has had a working visa (she obtained as she studied here) which runs out Feb 09 and she currently has a full time job here. She wants to extend her working visa for another year and we are planning to get married around Sep 09. With all the rule changes we have found it difficult to work out if she will be able to extend her visa for another year and what she needs to be able to do this. If it’s going to be a problem we could move the marriage forward but again it’s not just as straight forward as marriage and she can stay. Could you please let me know what our options are? I thank you in advanced for any help you can give me.
What visa is she on exactly?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:53 pm

As it's a duration of one year and she got it "from studying here", I would hazard a guess that it's IGS.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:33 pm

paulp wrote:As it's a duration of one year and she got it "from studying here", I would hazard a guess that it's IGS.
I thought too - in that case she can transition to PSW visa for another 12 months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Cooper444
Newly Registered

Post by Cooper444 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Yes she currently has a IGS visa. So she can apply for a PSW visa for another year and carry on working here?