ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarial birth certificate for Citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loyozlr
Newly Registered
China

Notarial birth certificate for Citizenship application

Post by loyozlr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Hello everyone,

Some countries, including mine, didn’t release the original birth certificate, at least not when I was born.
We can just go to a notary office and to obtain a notarized document as the alternative approach.

To serve the naturalization purpose, does INIS require that Notarial birth certificate to be certified again by Foreign Affair Office and Irish embassy in the country of brith?

I was hoping if someone had a similar situation could help me with this question.

Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Notarial birth certificate for Citizenship application

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:44 pm

No. You just need the original notarised certificate.

You should still have a small booklet though - that is your original birth certificate. It’s not issued by all hospitals but vast majority of them should issue one since the 80s. If you have it, you should submit it as well.

loyozlr
Newly Registered
China

Post by loyozlr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Much appreciated Littlerr

I don’t think I have seen that anywhere, also my parents.
Will that be a problem if I only have the notarized copy?

Kind regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:42 pm

I presume you’re from China - national birth certificates were introduced in Jan 1996. If you were born before that, it won’t be an issue for you.

If you were born before 1996, some provinces issued their own versions of birth certificates, others just relied on hospitals issuing a piece of paper with a red stamp, and some provinces/hospitals don’t keep any records at all, so there is no guarantee that everyone will receive a birth certificate at the time.

loyozlr
Newly Registered
China

Post by loyozlr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:42 pm
I presume you’re from China - national birth certificates were introduced in Jan 1996. If you were born before that, it won’t be an issue for you.

If you were born before 1996, some provinces issued their own versions of birth certificates, others just relied on hospitals issuing a piece of paper with a red stamp, and some provinces/hospitals don’t keep any records at all, so there is no guarantee that everyone will receive a birth certificate at the time.
Thanks again for your reply. You are the best!

Yes I am from China and was born before 1996 and in 80’s.

Then I will go ahead apply with only the notarized certificate.

I hope this thread will help people with the same.

Kind regards