ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 am

del_piero_3 wrote:I was told by number of solicitors that the Pakistani divorce was valid and is recognised in UK. However, they did say with BHC and visa application its a 50-50, all depends on who opens my file.
I know. Thats what makes it the most ridiculous as they accept marriage documents in Pakistan but not divorce ones. Anyhow, the highest recognition you can get on a divorce document is a Foreign Ministry direct attestation and even that doesnt get the BHC guys to stir. Infact, to be pragmatic, even if your case goes through the appeal process to t Court, the Immigration Judge will take one look at your divorce papers from Pakistan and reject the appeal.

Its a no-no situation, but mate, thats the way it is.

Have replied to your pm.

God bless and Good Luck
Skeptic

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 am

hey guys just wanted to someone to confirm whther the VAC in islamabad has re opened apprently it has my hubbi was sayn it opend on sat but they keepn it hush hush....does else now bout this

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 pm

is ther any1 else hear tht has applied for a visa on the 28th oct 2008? have you heard anythin yet? im still waiting been three weeks and this is my second application.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:10 pm

fingerscrossed wrote::D :D

YES YES YES

Should anyone want any advice or support please do PM me or just post a reply.
Hey mate check your pm.

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 pm

del-piero

Replied to your PM mate

weiser

Post by weiser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi

Islamabad visa application Call Centre on 0900 10411 (from a landline) or 8865 (from a mobile) - can someone pls tell me if I am ringing from the UK what is the number I call - do I start with 0092 then 0900?

Just don't understand the telephone number

kainatalipk
Newly Registered

Post by kainatalipk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 am

weiser wrote:Hi

Islamabad visa application Call Centre on 0900 10411 (from a landline) or 8865 (from a mobile) - can someone pls tell me if I am ringing from the UK what is the number I call - do I start with 0092 then 0900?

Just don't understand the telephone number
its 0092-51-2098999/ 0092-51-2012000

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 am

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice.

The mrs is due to come in to the country soon. I just wanted to find out do they ask any questions at passport control/immigration at the the airport in the UK?

Would somone be so kind enough to shed some light on this for me please.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:09 am

Naz - any news yet ????

Fingerscrossed - im in the same position .. any info will be great folks!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm

oahmed - hi ..hubbi rang them on saturday they said by the 20th u shud get a call from us as the VAC islamabad is re open now..well im hopin for sumting this week....the BHC is defo moving abroad thats why they takin ages...they guy said they referrred the app to another department on the 10th october.....well im waiting till friday now other wise hubbi said he is gna go down there on saturday or monday........its is week 10 now so they are realli takin the piss now..buh to do its all in there hands ATM......

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:04 pm

fingerscrossed and oahmed my wife came two weeks ago, they asked her 4 questions when she got here, the questions were asked by a gori in broken urdu with funny accent. She asked:
Kya tum pehli bar uk aa rahi ho? (Are you coming to the uk for the 1st time?)
Kya tumhari shadi ho chuki hai? (Are you married?)
Kab shadi hui? (When did you get married?)
Kis ke pass ja rahi ho? (Who are you going to?)

Nothing to worry about! Good luck to everyone

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 am

Has anyone ever had documents missing after the BHC/VAC had returned them?

We had the following docs missing:
- My employment confirmation letter
- House inspection report
- Accommodation letter
- UK solicitor attested passport photocopies
- UK solicitor attested sponsorship form/letter

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:00 am

del_piero_3 wrote:Has anyone ever had documents missing after the BHC/VAC had returned them?

- Accommodation letter
Yes, they do keep documents with them, especially in the case of an appeal or refusal where the applicant is going to reapply, as your file remains open at the BHC.

Usually the documents kept are the ones pertaining to the refusal reasons, for example, if they dont find the marriage subsisting, they might keep the marriage certificate, registration, pictures etc.
Skeptic

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 am

RiFF wrote: Usually the documents kept are the ones pertaining to the refusal reasons, for example, if they dont find the marriage subsisting, they might keep the marriage certificate, registration, pictures etc.
I was refused for one reason - my divorce but they didnt keep any of those docs. The docs they kept had nothing to do with divorce/refusal reason...hmmm strange.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:23 pm

hey guys i submitted my app on the 11th sept and it has now been 10 weeks NOW ALL THE BHC re telling me to wait no decision has bin made...and hubbi rings them everyday and they tell him to wait a few mre days....god nows why they are takin agessss

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:31 pm

naz08 wrote:hey guys i submitted my app on the 11th sept and it has now been 10 weeks NOW ALL THE BHC re telling me to wait no decision has bin made...and hubbi rings them everyday and they tell him to wait a few mre days....god nows why they are takin agessss
Ask you local MP to fax them a letter asking BHC what is happening with your application and why it is taking so much time.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:34 pm

thanks i might just do that.. i fought they normally take 12 weeks buh everyone seems to get a reply way before then.. VAC people told hubbi that they will ring him...this week which they havnt

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:43 pm

naz08 wrote:thanks i might just do that.. i fought they normally take 12 weeks buh everyone seems to get a reply way before then.. VAC people told hubbi that they will ring him...this week which they havnt
They will say anything to get your hubby of their backs, they know if he does ring next time it will be someone else problem.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 pm

del_piero_3 wrote:
naz08 wrote:thanks i might just do that.. i fought they normally take 12 weeks buh everyone seems to get a reply way before then.. VAC people told hubbi that they will ring him...this week which they havnt
They will say anything to get your hubby of their backs, they know if he does ring next time it will be someone else problem.
they are such ufff makes me well ngry anyway is the VAC open tomrrow saturday, if it is till wah time is it open?

weiser

Post by weiser » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:21 pm

del_piero_3 wrote:Has anyone ever had documents missing after the BHC/VAC had returned them?

- Accommodation letter

Yes some my papers were missing also when they refused the visa, not much you can do but I resubmitted the ones I could hoping they had the original papers they kept behind, they should state on a the refusal letter but they don't not sure why not.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 pm

i also had the same papers missing in my file

:?:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:14 am

HI guys im an a pickle right i emailed BHC on friday they replyed to my email sayning no decision has been made yet.it is the exact same email as before same one nothing diferent on it and it is pissing me of...should i email them back asking for more specific information. IT IS WEEK 11. now i mean why they takin agess..my family say be patient and wait another 2 weeks...it doesnt take them this long does it....is there any1 i can ring here in uk to find out wat is goin on...

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi All,

I fly out this week to Pakistan to get my missus and a short holiday!! :D
I will and continue to pray for all those still awaiting news. Inshallah your patience will be rewarded.

Del Piero - I had docs missing from my original application and my second successful application, dont know what the hell they do with them, but loads of my documents are missing!!

Naz - you gotta get an MP or some pro advise going coz its been too long for your application!! Has been over the official 60 workings days??? If so then you gotta get some assistance. Im praying for you girl.

Keep the faith & Keep Smiling Everyone :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:45 pm

oahmed wrote:Hi All,

I fly out this week to Pakistan to get my missus and a short holiday!! :D
I will and continue to pray for all those still awaiting news. Inshallah your patience will be rewarded.

Del Piero - I had docs missing from my original application and my second successful application, dont know what the hell they do with them, but loads of my documents are missing!!

Naz - you gotta get an MP or some pro advise going coz its been too long for your application!! Has been over the official 60 workings days??? If so then you gotta get some assistance. Im praying for you girl.

Keep the faith & Keep Smiling Everyone :D
bet u cant wait to go lol.....hope u av a great holiday.....i askd family about pro help or an mp they said no need just wait n they will contact u wen they finishd......and it hasnt been 60 working days yet..its on this friday it will be 60....

susy1

Post by susy1 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:07 pm

bet u cant wait to go lol.....hope u av a great holiday.....i askd family about pro help or an mp they said no need just wait n they will contact u wen they finishd......and it hasnt been 60 working days yet..its on this friday it will be 60....[/quote]

Hi Naz,

You should still ask your local MP to write to the BHC and ask why its taking so long, theres no harm in doing it.
Hope you and those still waiting get a positive response very soon. Hopefully you'll know soon.

Congratulations to those who have received good news!!