ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can I live outside Ireland on a Stamp4 status?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daguguji
Newly Registered
China

How long can I live outside Ireland on a Stamp4 status?

Post by daguguji » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:08 pm

I know the problem has been discussed before. But my question is more specific. If I am granted a two-year Stamp4 from critical skill work permit(Stamp 1), am I eligible to enter Ireland after staying abroad for nine months? I don't need the year abroad to be counted as my residency year for naturalisation and it won't. My question is, can I renew my Stamp4 after spending one year most of the time staying abroad? Because I want to learn culinary in France after I gain my Stamp4, it takes almost a year. Will the custom refuse my entry if the majority of the year I am living outside Ireland? Or I can enter Ireland because the Stamp4 is still effective (already assume that it is a two-year stamp4)? I can return to Ireland regularly to keep the records but my whole-year stay will still be abroad. Normally the stamp4 can stay 3 months abroad (also where can I see this information, I only read it from the forum not but can't find it from goverment website), if I infrienge this regulation, can I still stay in Ireland and renew my Stamp4? Thank you very much if you can answer my question. It really bothers me a lot.

meself2
Ireland

Re: How long can I live outside Ireland on a Stamp4 status?

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 pm

from post2070807.html#p2070807:
littlerr wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:22 pm
Stamp 4 holders cannot leave the state for more than 3 months in any year without notifying INIS in advance. There are some exceptions but I don't think any of them applies to you.
- IIP scheme
- Exercising EU Treaty rights
- Urgent/unexpected family matters
- Medical needs
- etc
littlerr wrote:
They will be more concerned to those who take longer trips abroad (e.g. if the person is out of state for 6 months in a single trip).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am

I would sent them an email and ask them directly. That way if they tell you that you can do it you will have something to show in case they ask you why you stay so long abroad.

daguguji
Newly Registered
China

Post by daguguji » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:48 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 pm
from post2070807.html#p2070807:
littlerr wrote:
Stamp 4 holders cannot leave the state for more than 3 months in any year without notifying INIS in advance. There are some exceptions but I don't think any of them applies to you.
- IIP scheme
- Exercising EU Treaty rights
- Urgent/unexpected family matters
- Medical needs
- etc
littlerr wrote:
They will be more concerned to those who take longer trips abroad (e.g. if the person is out of state for 6 months in a single trip).
Thank you very much, I will go check with it.

daguguji
Newly Registered
China

Post by daguguji » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:50 am

Gocho77 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am
I would sent them an email and ask them directly. That way if they tell you that you can do it you will have something to show in case they ask you why you stay so long abroad.
Thank you very much, You are right. It is better to ask them directly.

jjose033
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjose033 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:03 am

Hi.

Have you had any luck with contacting them? if so can you please provide the email you used. I am hoping to travel in 2023 for 6months plus just need to find the legal formalities now.

thanks in advance

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi, could you post an update to this as to whether or not they allow it? I am looking to go abroad for about 4-5 months for similar reasons.