ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to appear for IELTS Again

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashif.butt
Newly Registered

Do I need to appear for IELTS Again

Post by kashif.butt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 pm

hi,

I am having HSMP visa since Aug 2007 and going for extension as Tier-1 General. Previously I passed IELTS with 7 band and it was valid for two years only. When I'd go for extension, do I need to appear for IELTS again? Importantly I already have letter from my university stating Medium of Instruction for my Master degree was English and my university is can also be found in UKBA point based calculator.
If anyone has already applied for extension with the same circumstances please give your valuable comments.

Regards

Kash

kmunir

Re: Do I need to appear for IELTS Again

Post by kmunir » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:54 pm

kashif.butt wrote:hi,

I am having HSMP visa since Aug 2007 and going for extension as Tier-1 General. Previously I passed IELTS with 7 band and it was valid for two years only. When I'd go for extension, do I need to appear for IELTS again? Importantly I already have letter from my university stating Medium of Instruction for my Master degree was English and my university is can also be found in UKBA point based calculator.
If anyone has already applied for extension with the same circumstances please give your valuable comments.

Regards

Kash

Hi.

As far as i remember, for extension, an IELTS report older than 2 years is also acceptable. Its just for the initial application that an IELTS report less than 2 years old is required.
Regards,
KM

kashif.butt
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to appear for IELTS Again

Post by kashif.butt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Anyone else who has got approval under same circumstances can confirm please?

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 pm

I believe this is not required because you already provided that during your initial HSMP application. Hope this helps
Could you please add your list of documents for extension under the following thread to help other as well. Many Thanks
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32774
Kaff

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Yes, KAFF is right. since you have made HSMP application under rules in place after 5 Dec 2006 and you have already met English language requirement therefore you do not need to meet this requirement again.