ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Young Adult proof of residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mlodewyks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Young Adult proof of residence

Post by mlodewyks » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:55 am

Hi, I'm a recently naturalized citizen now helping my daughter (19) to apply for her naturalization. We moved over as a family unit in 2016, and she's been living with us since then. She went directly from Secondary to Tertiary education, so she can apply using my stamps for the years she was under 16.

With the new points system however, I am not sure how to prove her residency. Can we submit the proof for myself like rental agreements, mortgage accounts, my tax documentation etc since she lives with us? She only has a bank account in her name, letters from the schools she attended, and now the university documentation. These unfortunately do not add up to the required 150 points. She's on a Stamp 3 since 16, so not allowed to work and thus not registered for tax. Any experience/advice will be greatly appreciated as we start on this journey.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Young Adult proof of residence

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 am

There are no real pointers for this system, as it was introduced this year and, of course, almost nobody got naturalized at this point (and if they did, it's most likely straightforward cases).
Scorecard doesn't distinguish between adult and young adult, which is a shame, so have to work with what's at hand. You can start with asking citizenshipinfo by email, probably.
Someone on the board mentioned that if you think you got whatever you need but it's just not enough you can try sending it anyway, but not sure if it works out.

P.S.: share your own timeline if you're comfortable doing so!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 am

Young adults do not need 150 points. INIS is clear on that. They simply need a letter from their secondary school and/or college confirming their registration and attendance.

mlodewyks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mlodewyks » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:51 pm

@littlerr, can you point me to the source of that please? It is awesome news, would just like to read it for myself as I'm not too keen on losing the €175 if they decline based on that.

@meself2, my timeline:

26 Feb 2021 - Submitted application
24 April 2022 - Request for e-vetting
20 June 2022 - Request for €950 payment and the Declaration of Fidelity
7 August 2022 - Received Certificate of Naturalization by post

It took exactly 7 days from when I applied online for a passport to having the passport in my hand.

Cheers, Martin

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:17 am

It is simply on INIS’s naturalisation page.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/
For a dependent young adult (aged 18-23): A letter from your school or college showing your date of registration and attendance
It is not expected that people of that age would have any other proofs other than their school letters. However, INIS may ask you to provide proof that you reside in Ireland and your child is dependent on you.

mlodewyks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mlodewyks » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:56 am

Thanks so much @littlerr!!

I'll keep this thread updated with her journey.

M

digbar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by digbar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:30 am

@mlodewyks how is journey going so far? Any news?
I will also try to apply for my stepdaughter this year who is becoming 18 yo.

Thanks mate.