ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP EXPIRED ( NEW CARD APPLICATION)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chammaster
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR BRP EXPIRED ( NEW CARD APPLICATION)

Post by chammaster » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:51 pm

HALO to everyone.

Please can someone help me.
I am going for BRP replacement service the forms is bit confusing.

what should my answer be for this , I am from INDIA orignally on ILR. It gives only option for EU?? bit confused.

Changes to your BRC

Select what you are applying for:
(Required)

To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme

To change from a pre-settled to a settled BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BRP EXPIRED ( NEW CARD APPLICATION)

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Useful to post the link you are using.

The correct link is below. Brc and brp and nor quite the same thing. Brc doesn't apply to you if have ilr based on a uk visa

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/visa-type
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chammaster
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chammaster » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:14 am

Thanks for your reply.

The link you have given, ask me to select type of visa. I have ILR and based in UK.

SO I need to renew my biometric card. what option do I select. It is so confusing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:19 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:23 am

Also note that a new BRP will only be valid till 31st December 2024 as the BRP cards are being phased out.
If your BRP expires on 31 December 2024
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but your immigration status (for example, your visa) allows you to stay longer.

You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:21 am

Hi OP ,

In same boat now , applied 10 days back . Do we know timeline for for replacement card? need to travel in Dec and I am nervous.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.