ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can I go abroad on stamp 3?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

How long can I go abroad on stamp 3?

Post by mellowmeadow » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 am

Hello all,
I am a stamp 3 dependent on my parent and I am doing a course which has work placement in the third year. I was thinking of doing the work placement in my home country and it would last 15 weeks or about 3.5 months. Am I allowed to leave Ireland for this amount of time and return while my GNIB card is still valid? Would I have to write to INIS to ask for permission or explain my situation? I cannot find any official source stating how long I can leave for.

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Re: How long can I go abroad on stamp 3?

Post by happyj » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:42 pm

I don't think there are any restrictions but you need to be in the country when you renew your IRP card. BUT If you stay for a longer period (More than 30 days), you will need to declare this when you apply for Irish citizenship. So, staying out more than 30 days, might affect your Irish citizenship.

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:44 pm

Also, if you return your GNIB. Then you will need to start a new application to enter the country, that will take about 6-12 months (minimum 6 months) depending on your parent's visa status.
mellowmeadow wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 am
Hello all,
I am a stamp 3 dependent on my parent and I am doing a course which has work placement in the third year. I was thinking of doing the work placement in my home country and it would last 15 weeks or about 3.5 months. Am I allowed to leave Ireland for this amount of time and return while my GNIB card is still valid? Would I have to write to INIS to ask for permission or explain my situation? I cannot find any official source stating how long I can leave for.

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Oh i just checked online. it says you cant stay out more than 3 months without notifying INIS. Sometimes they agree if its related to health/medical/emergency reasons.

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 pm

happyj wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 pm
Oh i just checked online. it says you cant stay out more than 3 months without notifying INIS. Sometimes they agree if its related to health/medical/emergency reasons.
How can I notify them? By letter or email? What's their address?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:24 pm

mellowmeadow wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 pm
happyj wrote:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... tizenship/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:25 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:24 pm
mellowmeadow wrote:
happyj wrote:
That is contact info for being Irish citizen, OP didn’t mention if it’s related with citizenship application or not. Most likely you will have to get in contact with INIS via email that can be found here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/contact ... -delivery/

There is Dublin and outside of Dublin contact details, just send them an email explaining your situation and see what they say. My personal experience is, which is not related this matter, they never gave me any direct answer and put me in a loop but I hope for your case they will be more useful.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:14 am

mentalmind wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:25 am
meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:24 pm
mellowmeadow wrote:
happyj wrote:
That is contact info for being Irish citizen, OP didn’t mention if it’s related with citizenship application or not. Most likely you will have to get in contact with INIS via email that can be found here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/contact ... -delivery/

There is Dublin and outside of Dublin contact details, just send them an email explaining your situation and see what they say. My personal experience is, which is not related this matter, they never gave me any direct answer and put me in a loop but I hope for your case they will be more useful.
My bad, was a bit too hasty in my replies at night. Apologies, OP!

Emailing ISD is always a pain; sent them a heap of emails about unrelated stuff, just received several auto-replies before sending in a physical letter to my unit explaining the situation, so that is always a possibility if emails are not being responded to.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:28 pm

I suggest you go to their office directly. You could also email them, but i guess that would take time.
mellowmeadow wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 am
Hello all,

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:29 pm

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:19 pm

happyj wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:29 pm
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/burgh-q ... ointments/

There is number in that link.
Am I able to go to the Dublin office even if I live outside Dublin?

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:00 pm

I am not sure about that. i guess you can, since its just an enquiry. Call this number first before you go 1800 800 630.